The Student Room Group

Pepe is officially a symbol of Hate?

ADL (Anti-defamation league) just stated and released that pepe was in the same context as the swastika, and the confederate flag, hate symbols data base.
#Pray4Pepe
Reply 1
Noooo that's ridiculous.

#SavePepe

Reply 2
Original post by UWS
Noooo that's ridiculous.

#SavePepe

Well, we do live in a ridiculous (Western) world.

**** the left, seriously, **** them lol
It should be noted that according to the ADL the number 14 is also a hate symbol. I don't think it's gonna mean much, boys.

Reply 4
Have you read what they have said about Pepe? It is officially a symbol of hate but there description argues against it being labelled as such.

The ADL are pepephobic
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 5
Leftards are afraid of an cartoon frog. LOL
eugh
Reply 7
Probably should change my DP then...
Wut
On the bright side nobody knows who they are and nobody cares. Keep the Pepe game strong, that site classifies the most ridiculous stuff as 'hate' its justification of its own existence I think
Original post by slaven
Leftards are afraid of an cartoon frog. LOL

The ADL are hardly left-wing and they're not afraid of the symbol. Considering the amount of Antisemitic art pieces which Pepe has been used in, I don't blame them for associating it with racism and neo-Nazism.

Obviously it should not be banned and people should not be automatically labelled as racists and bigots for using it but it has reached the point where when I see someone using that meme, suspicions about the views they may hold arise. Many symbols have origins which are totally unrelated to a hateful ideology, until they are hijacked.

Quick Reply

Latest