The Student Room Group

gcse help advice tips!

Hi
I am taking my gcse's next year and I am stressing out. So many subjects that contain so many topics, its so so much! With new grading set in place it's getting much harder! Any tips and any motivational advice please would help :smile:

Any people who done their gcse's any tips, just wanted some advice and so inspirational things to keep me going!

Thanks guys :smile:
Original post by jackymang12345
Hi
I am taking my gcse's next year and I am stressing out. So many subjects that contain so many topics, its so so much! With new grading set in place it's getting much harder! Any tips and any motivational advice please would help :smile:

Any people who done their gcse's any tips, just wanted some advice and so inspirational things to keep me going!

Thanks guys :smile:

Try splitting things into smaller sections, and just worry about the topics you are covering at the moment. Studying GCSE's is a gradual process, a bit like a long journey. While you are on that journey you only need to worry about where you are at the moment. As long as you are working you are moving forwards and will reach the end. Worrying about where you have already been is pointless because it's in the past. Worrying about where you are going is also pointless because you can do nothing about it until you actually get there.

If you find it stressful, definitely speak to your teachers. They will have planned your GCSE courses carefully so that the work is spread out and you cover everything that you need to in the time. They will be able to tell you whether or not you are on track or need to do a little more. If the stress affects your health they may also be able to adjust things to help.

Lastly, remember that exams are just one part of your life and who you are. Yes, they are quite important, but it is also important for you to have time for yourself. Make sure that you have time away from school work when you can do things that you enjoy. Don't feel guilty about it.
Great advice Thank You :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest