The Student Room Group

How long to revise each subject?

I spend an hour a day on revising each subject. I start revising at 5pm-6pm then 6-7pm 7-8pm 8-9pm 9-10pm how do I give myself more free time? I feel that my life is now revolved around revision and I can't get doing the things I want to do.
Reply 1
You need to take breaks. At least take a 15 minute break every hour. You're wearing yourself out by studying long hours. Also it's not so much of how much you study, it's how well you take in the content. You could revise 11 hours a day and still understand nothing.
It's not quantity but quality.

I use the Pomodoro technique.Where you study with no excuses for 25 mins. Then you get a 5 min break. Then a 30 min break after 4 sessions and you just keep continuing. You can study for longer periods, but you have to build up to it slowly.
Reply 3
Original post by adz234
I spend an hour a day on revising each subject. I start revising at 5pm-6pm then 6-7pm 7-8pm 8-9pm 9-10pm how do I give myself more free time? I feel that my life is now revolved around revision and I can't get doing the things I want to do.

Exactly what UWS said.. Search some revision methods and try different methods for different subjects, see which ones help you the most.

Also at this point, you don't need to revise that much, maybe a couple of hours per day.

Also don't revise every single subject each day, focus on the ones you didn't have at school so you don't forget the content.

Quick Reply

Latest