The Student Room Group

Black lives matter vs all lives matter social experiment

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by W. A. Mozart
Why so? It doesn't imply genetic inheritance.

Yes it does. Intrinsic refers to nature. Saying that black people are intrinsically violent is to say they are naturally violent too. Which is wrong and racist.
The right way to explain it would be, those of low income households are more prone to violence.
Original post by WBZ144

That is the issue with "All Lives Matter"; nobody said that they don't, but people are against the way that the statement is made for the purpose of shutting down debate.

Bob Puts up a sign saying he does not have food. There are other people that do not have food, people see bob and other people do not have food.
Bob gets some food and promises that more is coming. Bob starts shouting that he needs more food. mostly everyone else is in the same situation, they are getting fed up of bob shouting when no one else has much more food that him.
Bob decides to beat up another person and deny anyone else food.

People are getting really pissed with bob as he now has more food than others and he is demanding more food due to his past with little food.
To be honest, as a black person I don't agree with BLM. Why? Well because I just think that the 'campaign', If that's the right word to call it, is kinda just staged but people don't know about it. I'm not dissing anyone who supports it's but when I hear some sort of racism, why does is always have to be white people vs black people or black people vs white people. I feel like our races are constantly having some type of malice being implanted into us. Yes it's sad that people are getting killed just because of the colour of their skin, it really needs to stop. Also, people are getting killed because of their religion, innocent civilians are being bombed because some stupid people are trying to prove a point, children being scared to go to school incase of a shooting.All of these things happen all the time. I really think people need to know that everyone one has the right to their own opinion as long as it's not intend to hurt anyone! That's why I think all lives matter, we should work together as one race, the human race. Let's say one day we got attacked by aliens, are we going to be so segregated as a race and fight one battle but with different teams or be as one and fight the battle in the same team, if that makes sense. Stay blessed everyone.
Original post by AperfectBalance
Bob Puts up a sign saying he does not have food. There are other people that do not have food, people see bob and other people do not have food.
Bob gets some food and promises that more is coming. Bob starts shouting that he needs more food. mostly everyone else is in the same situation, they are getting fed up of bob shouting when no one else has much more food that him.
Bob decides to beat up another person and deny anyone else food.

People are getting really pissed with bob as he now has more food than others and he is demanding more food due to his past with little food.

Like I said: if that's what you believe about Bob then you can produce your own arguments against him. Hearing Bob's side and debating the issue with him is fine, as opposed to meaningless comments to shut down further discussion.
Original post by WoodyMKC
In reality, all the people at the table have a similar amount of food, but Bob feels victimised for some reason and decides to throw a wobbly over it. That's the reality of the situation.

See reply #56.

I don't believe that Bob is always right, but in some situations such as this one he has a point:
[video="youtube;3P9-BjYxTu8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3P9-BjYxTu8[/video]
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Hello__World
To be honest, as a black person I don't agree with BLM. Why? Well because I just think that the 'campaign', If that's the right word to call it, is kinda just staged but people don't know about it. I'm not dissing anyone who supports it's but when I hear some sort of racism, why does is always have to be white people vs black people or black people vs white people. I feel like our races are constantly having some type of malice being implanted into us. Yes it's sad that people are getting killed just because of the colour of their skin, it really needs to stop. Also, people are getting killed because of their religion, innocent civilians are being bombed because some stupid people are trying to prove a point, children being scared to go to school incase of a shooting.All of these things happen all the time. I really think people need to know that everyone one has the right to their own opinion as long as it's not intend to hurt anyone! That's why I think all lives matter, we should work together as one race, the human race. Let's say one day we got attacked by aliens, are we going to be so segregated as a race and fight one battle but with different teams or be as one and fight the battle in the same team, if that makes sense. Stay blessed everyone.

Cute
BLM is a load of hypersensitive rubbish as are most of these initiatives in no small part because they don't actually care about what they claim to represent. If they genuinely believe that black lives matter why do they protest on the basis of police killings alone? The Ferguson guy was a thug, there is CCTV of him assaulting and battering (whatever the US equivalent is) a shopkeeper and a patron and the forensic and physical evidence is inconsistent with the claims 'hands up don't shoot'. His hands were not up, he fought with a police officer for their gun and got shot for it. One of these protestors was given a police 'force on force' training demonstration and he ended up 'shooting' an unarmed person. If you're aggressive and endanger an armed person, especially considering the fact American police get only rudimentary training before they get their gun and badge, what do you expect the outcome to be? The American police are thuggish and poorly trained in some cases, they're over aggressive, they don't understand the law (although this is sort of a stupid argument, they're not lawyers what sort of idiot police officer would go "oh well as you know the case of Wednesbury and it sounds legit I'll release you" - they're not a court and they don't know how to interpret the law, if they get it wrong claim damages later) and their rate of lethal shootings of armed and unarmed across all crime reports ie per individual incident ratio is the same. The reason they shoot so many black people disproportionate to their populace representation is they are disproportionately criminal. A lot of this is socio-economic, a lot of is the 'false masculine' culture where they live in single parent (often single mother) households and so don't have that controlling element in their life which couples with the poverty and outlook to create a criminal acceptance. Look at how successful charter schools have been in Harlem, that says it all. This takes me to my original point, there is a huge amount of homicide in these communities, a lot of deaths and when things happen like that 8yr old girl getting killed in gang crossfire nobody comes forward and tells the police to arrest the shooter or to help them find him. If black lives matter why aren't they protesting 'f**k the no snitching rule put these killers in our community away'? It only matters when it can be wielded as a racial weapon in a sense, these sorts of movements are never introverted nor statistically accurate and thus never have any real effect on what they're trying to change.

The whole 'kill cops' thing was ridiculous too, it was six (I think) officers who lost their lives due to this BLM rhetoric chanting for the death of cops and throwing bricks at police stations, the media is complicit in this whole crappy narrative - look up a video by a youtuber called TLDR where there is first hand evidence of a BLM group discriminating by race and attacking people based on it but the media framed it as 'white supremacists attack BLM rally' and this sort of patronising 'oh look how victimised you are' BS perpetuates the result as people are so busy getting wound up about stuff that isn't true they don't see the real problem right in front of them. Take for example if you point out the hands up don't shoot thing is a load of nonsense as his hands weren't up then people say 'well it happens in other instances so its an important conversation'. They don't give a damn about the facts, its all about agendas.

I didn't watch the video as I hate social experiments, if they're not staged then they're idiotic and the all lives matter movement can f**k off as well. Its smarmy self-righteousness, people don't agree with BLM so go 'hah gotcha you're racists, all lives matter' which is painfully ridiculous. They are obviously highlighting a black specific issue, if you're dealing with whaling you don't say 'all sea creatures matter' you say stop putting harpoons in endangered species you total nutters. All lives matter is this manifestation of challenge to BLM as something equally stupid, if you want to debate BLM then do so on the facts its wrong, its protestors are violent and they refuse to face facts about the real relative death counts choosing instead to blame 'systemic racism' and all this other made up idiocy as its harder than saying poor people have a bad rap due to their circumstances and we are poor as hell which was an obvious consequence of emancipation so lets work to drag our communities up. I came from a very poor area and it was always someone elses fault, you have to play the hand you're dealt in life. Make it better for yourself, all this hypersensitive whinging is useless. All Lives Matter really is no better, people should start like #BLMBS where all the stuff that is wrong is called out if they want to actually have a conversation on the issue. But be prepared to have an actual debate rather than this pseudo intellectual selective gotcha behaviour where someone has you on 9/10 points so you ignore those and shout at them for writing 'coloured person' rather than 'person of colour' which btw are the exact same thing and prove the levels of BS this all operates on - if someone's position is better and you can't refute it whats the point of digging your heels in and going 'but you're wrong'. If that was going to be your reaction then why have the conversation?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending