The Student Room Group

Help, Bf wants me to wear a bikini

Scroll to see replies

Original post by samantham999
You're so stupid. Being in a bikini is basically being in your bra and underwear and you're somewhat naked infront of mean other people.

Closing this down? please take a seat and let me explain to you how you're also a young naive girl who will do or say whatever your boyfriend asks because you're weak and lazy.

You had me going for a minute there.
Don't wear it then lol. Do you plan to go in the water with your vest and shorts?👀👀
just grow some balls and tell him then
no need to come onto here asking for help
Original post by shawtyb
just grow some balls and tell him then
no need to come onto here asking for help

Agreed. It is almost as if she is afraid of him. What a young naive girl
Original post by Trinculo
See? Immediately with the snipes at the boyfriend. "He sound immature"

No he doesn't.

In what way?

He sounds like a completely normal person, from the limited information we have.

If anything, the OP might be a little immature- and that's not a criticism. Not wearing beachwear to the beach because you don't feel comfortable. Well, that's not what adults do. Normal adults wear appropriate wear at the right times and don't feel uncomfortable about it.

Because he is putting her into a position she is not happy with. Being oblivious to this sounds like immature to me.
What real difference does it make to him. He should be happy for her to where what she is comfortable with and not what he dictates. Her body she should choose what she likes be it a bikini,onesie, nothing or otherwise.

Nothing wrong with shorts and top if thats what she wants to wear.
You're not his slave. tell him to go and burn his ear if he is policing you on what to wear.
If he persists, break up with him and conquer the world.

Well I know that at the beach his ear is probably going to burn anyway, he always gets burned and won't wear sunscreen.

No he doesn't.

In what way?

He sounds like a completely normal person, from the limited information we have.

If anything, the OP might be a little immature- and that's not a criticism. Not wearing beachwear to the beach because you don't feel comfortable. Well, that's not what adults do. Normal adults wear appropriate wear at the right times and don't feel uncomfortable about it.

How am I immature for dressing a certain way. I don't know how shorts and a vest is inappropriate for a beach. Are you saying that all normal adults wear bikini's at the beach, none of my family do and I see loads of adults on beaches who don't. Didn't know they were immature though, cheers for informing me ha.
it's pretty normal to wear a bikini on the beach but to walk around/do stuff in a tshirt and shorts

tbh I don't see what the issue is with whether or not he can see your stomach while you sit on a beach? yeah it's normal to wear a bikini but it's not going to mark you out as a freak to sit in a pair of shorts... I think it's worth you taking a bikini or swimsuit so you can go in the sea/sit in it if you decide you feel okay with it but I don't see why this is an issue for him at all - why would it feel like a friend rather than a partner just because of a bikini?

No he doesn't.

In what way?

nvm immature....as a general principle,its creepy for a guy to actively ask that his gf wear revealing stuff regardless of the occasion...
There's a type...
Agreed. It is almost as if she is afraid of him. What a young naive girl

Funnily enough that's what he often calls me when I express views that are different from his. Funny thing is though I'm one of the few women who doesn't 'follow the crowd' with make up/skirts/heels and all that, up to now I've just always worn what I've felt comfy in without worrying about being scruffy/out of place. Yet I'm the one who is naive lol. Either way I'm certainly not a young girl going off my age but I don't mind being thought of as young.
Original post by Anonymous
Well I know that at the beach his ear is probably going to burn anyway, he always gets burned and won't wear sunscreen.

Hahahahaha, he is a pile of crap.
Do what you want understand? never let anyone tell you what you can or cannot wear
Original post by Anonymous
Funnily enough that's what he often calls me when I express views that are different from his. Funny thing is though I'm one of the few women who doesn't 'follow the crowd' with make up/skirts/heels and all that, up to now I've just always worn what I've felt comfy in without worrying about being scruffy/out of place. Yet I'm the one who is naive lol. Either way I'm certainly not a young girl going off my age but I don't mind being thought of as young.

If you're not the majority of girls who that honestly, good because they just want love and children.
I assumed you were one of the majority because you would not have asked this question in the first place but please do not listen to your fat boyfriend. Do what makes you happy not what entices his D
Original post by doodle_333
it's pretty normal to wear a bikini on the beach but to walk around/do stuff in a tshirt and shorts

tbh I don't see what the issue is with whether or not he can see your stomach while you sit on a beach? yeah it's normal to wear a bikini but it's not going to mark you out as a freak to sit in a pair of shorts... I think it's worth you taking a bikini or swimsuit so you can go in the sea/sit in it if you decide you feel okay with it but I don't see why this is an issue for him at all - why would it feel like a friend rather than a partner just because of a bikini?

I think he just sees a bikini as more feminine and so anything other that this may remind him of something his mate might wear, at a guess. When I look at old family pics etc almost all my family wore just shorts and a top on beaches abroad and I just assumed that the norm was to wear 'whatever is cool and comfy' these days whether it is a baggy t shirt or bikini. Trends change though I guess. I mean I've never been abroad with friends before I suppose you lot will have, I'm used to walking on the freezing cold windy beaches of the U.K. :tongue:
Long story short - You're a girl who is willing to do anything for a man, you wouldn't mind being a guys slave just so he loves you because you're weak and naive.

The purpose of visiting the beach is to have fun yes therefore she can wear whatever she wishes. In this case she DOES NOT want to wear a bikini because her fat boyfriend asked her to.

I hate girls more than men. Weak naive creatures who have no ambition, want to get knocked up the day they graduate from university and live at home while the man is out working.

She would not have posted the question is she knew that her fat boyfriend doesn't own her body.
Shut up.

Have you ever been in a serious relationship?
Original post by Zargabaath
Have you ever been in a serious relationship?

Whether I have or have not isn't in question but I know what you will say
OH relationships are all about compromise and you have to want to look secy for him/her YEH YEH SHUT UP you need to look secy for yourself not for another man or girl.
Its upto you what you want to wear, if hes not comfortable with that are you sure hes the right person for you, he probably wants to show you off or something
Whether I have or have not isn't in question but I know what you will say
OH relationships are all about compromise and you have to want to look secy for him/her YEH YEH SHUT UP you need to look secy for yourself not for another man or girl.

Lol, figures
Believe it or not, people in the real world don't act like they do on tumblr
Lol, figures
Believe it or not, people in the real world don't act like they do on tumblr

act like what on tumblr? isn't tumblr for depressed, suicidal people?
I am just stating that YOU choose to wear whatever you want. You don't need permission from another human because they don't own you
act like what on tumblr? isn't tumblr for depressed, suicidal people?
I am just stating that YOU choose to wear whatever you want. You don't need permission from another human because they don't own you

You're taking it too literally, this isn't how the dynamic works in most relationships irl. It isn't him controlling her, he's just saying "do this". She doesn't have to, it isn't a literal command.
You're making out that either she makes all decisions herself without any compromise and doesn't care what her partner wants, or she's being controlled. It isn't that black and white. The world doesn't work in absolutes, that's how children think.
You're taking it too literally, this isn't how the dynamic works in most relationships irl. It isn't him controlling her, he's just saying "do this". She doesn't have to, it isn't a literal command.
You're making out that either she makes all decisions herself without any compromise and doesn't care what her partner wants, or she's being controlled. It isn't that black and white. The world doesn't work in absolutes, that's how children think.

Wow, I actually laughed while reading this.
Why would anyone want to be in a relationship if they cannot do what the hell they wish?
and no. I said she doesn't need to ask her fat boyfriend as to what she can or cannot wear. He just wants his D to be enticed when looking at her but she is not comfortable so shut up about compromise.

humans are so weak, esp girls they just want attention, affection and love because they are weak.

Quick Reply