The Student Room Group

Help, Bf wants me to wear a bikini

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
My boyfriend wants me to wear a bikini when we go on holiday but I've never worn one in my life and don't want to. I'm happy in shorts and vest. He said he doesn't want to feel like he's going on holiday with a mate. Do most people wear them or something? I just want something comfy that I can walk around in and stay cool too!

Wear what you want. He has no control over what you should or shouldn't wear. So long as you're comfortable and happy with what you're wearing, thats all that counts :smile:
Original post by samantham999
If and when I ever get into a relationship I'm going to eat a load of junk, never brush my teeth, wee in my underwear and wear baggy clothing X

I'd like to say you'd get dumped as i would do to you but the truth is that men are desperate these days. Plenty would probably allow you to cuck them too.
Original post by Rakas21
I'd like to say you'd get dumped as i would do to you but the truth is that men are desperate these days. Plenty would probably allow you to cuck them too.

I don't even know what cuck means loool
Original post by samantham999
I don't even know what cuck means loool

The kind of man who lets his girlfriend sleep around knowingly. Was a bit of a joke though.
Original post by Rakas21
As a man i actually have a lot of sympathy for your boyfriend. A lot of men like to see women wearing feminine clothing that reveals their 'assets' so to speak and your boyfriend clearly thinks you have an attractive body (a complement).

Instead these days men are greeted by shorts rather than skirts (considerably more unattractive), by onesies, by elasticated jeans and baggy leggings.

Perhaps i'm just old fashioned or a chauvinist but women dressed far better in the past when they'd wear dresses and in the 90's would whip out the bikini's and mini skirts.

Do you know what he wears most of the time though lol, old running leggings, baggy t shirt and trainers. I dont suggest what he wears. You said that he must think i have a good body but not going off comments he has made in the past. He has said i have ill looking pale skin, that 'your not very blessed in the leg department are you' and often says that i need to lose weight and have too much lard on my arse and that it doesnt help that im short. Though he is thinking of the benefits of losing weight for my training too. Oddly though he hasnt insulted my breasts which surprsed me as you cant get more flat chested! He says he hates large ones. Thing is what he thinks doesnt bother me though as i train 5 times a week and am happy with my body (5ft and 116 pounds). This isnt the reason i dont wear skirts the reason is i just dont feel like myself in them and its not my fault they were invented lol, i feel like its a strange garment that has nothing to do with me. I wear leggings/long tops and will dress smartly.

What i dont really get is you say you prefere skirts over shorts but shorts show off a womans figure, bum and leg shape a lot more than a baggy piece of material wrapped round the legs ie a skirt. Same with dresses, jeans are figure hugging and show off the figure but long dresses do not. This bit doesnt make sense to me.
Do you know what he wears most of the time though lol, old running leggings, baggy t shirt and trainers. I dont suggest what he wears. You said that he must think i have a good body but not going off comments he has made in the past. He has said i have ill looking pale skin, that 'your not very blessed in the leg department are you' and often says that i need to lose weight and have too much lard on my arse and that it doesnt help that im short. Though he is thinking of the benefits of losing weight for my training too. Oddly though he hasnt insulted my breasts which surprsed me as you cant get more flat chested! He says he hates large ones. Thing is what he thinks doesnt bother me though as i train 5 times a week and am happy with my body (5ft and 116 pounds). This isnt the reason i dont wear skirts the reason is i just dont feel like myself in them and its not my fault they were invented lol, i feel like its a strange garment that has nothing to do with me. I wear leggings/long tops and will dress smartly.

What i dont really get is you say you prefere skirts over shorts but shorts show off a womans figure, bum and leg shape a lot more than a baggy piece of material wrapped round the legs ie a skirt. Same with dresses, jeans are figure hugging and show off the figure but long dresses do not. This bit doesnt make sense to me.

Not saying he's not a hypocrit and clearly he sends you mixed messages.

I suppose it's just the way it flows. The top will show whatever curves are there anyway.
Original post by Rakas21
As a man i actually have a lot of sympathy for your boyfriend. A lot of men like to see women wearing feminine clothing that reveals their 'assets' so to speak and your boyfriend clearly thinks you have an attractive body (a complement).

Instead these days men are greeted by shorts rather than skirts (considerably more unattractive), by onesies, by elasticated jeans and baggy leggings.

Perhaps i'm just old fashioned or a chauvinist but women dressed far better in the past when they'd wear dresses and in the 90's would whip out the bikini's and mini skirts.

Yes you are indeed
She shouldn't have to wear next to nothing in public just to please her boyfriend.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Ladbants
Yes you are indeed
She shouldn't have to wear next to nothing in public just to please her boyfriend.

I feel like almost everybody here is missing the point.
If she is uncomfortable wearing next to nothing in public, she shouldn't go to the damn beach, but to a picnic.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by *SweaterWeather*
It's your choice to wear what you feel comfortable in. It's YOU wearing the bikini and having your body on show, not him.
Tell him to wear a man-kini xD

hehehehehehe you made my day
Original post by reim123
hehehehehehe you made my day

<3 <3
Original post by Rhaenys10
I feel like almost everybody here is missing the point.
If she is uncomfortable wearing next to nothing in public, she shouldn't go to the damn beach, but to a picnic.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Erm... no? People do wear clothes at the beach and that's not weird or anything. She can wear a normal swimsuit or a t shirt if she wants- a lot of people do that at the beach
Perhaps OP's boyfriend works for the French government?

He certainly has a pretty peculiar notion of what is required at the beach. If OP wants to wear a bikini, that is certainly normal. So is a one-piece swimsuit, or a t-shirt and shorts.

I'm guessing that he's looking for her to flash her body around so everyone else knows what he's getting. A pretty lame exercise of power.
How is this thread still active?
Original post by Chiner
It's completely up to you to wear one. If your boyfriend really cares, he will take your perspective into mind and not argue with you to wear one. I can see how wearing a bikini can make certain people feel insecure about their body, but really, no one on the beach cares if you're fat or skinny since they're all having fun with their own friends. If they do that's pretty sad and immature. In fact, I would say more people would judge you for wearing shorts and a vest instead of a bikini. I see from his perspective how it doesn't feel very 'girlfriend-ish' to not wear something that is particularly suited for going to the beach, etc but in the end it is your choice. Hope this helps.

I'm assuming you're going somewhere warm? If you wear one he's going to be so happy. He must think you look good or he'd not want you to. He wants to be seen with you looking sexy and sexual and a bikini will do that to your body. Probably wants to see other guys looking at you as it will make him feel good. So I'd wear a really sexy one but insist he wears a pair of really skimpy tight trunks to and see if he can manage that.
He obviously thinks you look good and wants to be seen with you looking sexy and sexual. So maybe wear one and give him what he wants, but also say he has to wear a pair of skintight trunks too, just to make things fair.
Original post by lamaragymnast
He obviously thinks you look good and wants to be seen with you looking sexy and sexual. So maybe wear one and give him what he wants, but also say he has to wear a pair of skintight trunks too, just to make things fair.

Lol
Camel-toe, meet Moose-knuckle.
My boyfriend wants me to wear a bikini when we go on holiday but I've never worn one in my life and don't want to. I'm happy in shorts and vest. He said he doesn't want to feel like he's going on holiday with a mate. Do most people wear them or something? I just want something comfy that I can walk around in and stay cool too!
it's not like as if he wants you to wear a burkini lol
Wear what you want, its your body your choice
Reply 179
Good to wear, before she was afraid wear it since I bought some for her and surprise on holiday I take out from my suitcase she tried in hotel room, she was glad, she warped with sarong got beach and seen othersome are wearing too then she dropped sarong, now we both understanding each other, without telling her she packed up many bikinis on holiday, become braveYou should tried it one and see how you feel?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending