The Student Room Group

Time is freaking me out

So the passage of time has always freaked me out. And it's border line chronophobic. However, last night whilst on skype with my girlfriend I had the worse freak out that I've ever had.

So we were just talking like normal and we got onto the subject of how long we've known each other. After about half an hour of looking through past messages and stuff we discovered that we've only actually known each other for around five months.

This made me freak out really bad, freezing for about five to ten minutes. And it's still on my mind

Any one else experience this kind of thing or has any advice?
Original post by EdwardBarfield9
So the passage of time has always freaked me out. And it's border line chronophobic. However, last night whilst on skype with my girlfriend I had the worse freak out that I've ever had.

So we were just talking like normal and we got onto the subject of how long we've known each other. After about half an hour of looking through past messages and stuff we discovered that we've only actually known each other for around five months.

This made me freak out really bad, freezing for about five to ten minutes. And it's still on my mind

Don't worry- I am always shocked as to how fast time flies!:smile:
Reply 2
Original post by EdwardBarfield9

If this is something that bothers you a lot or that you find concerning you could see your doctor. They are there for both physical and mental issues and will treat you with just as much professionalism as if you had a broken ankle or asthma. :smile:

It is not unusual for people to be shocked by how much time has passed or anything like that, but for you it seems to be to a far differrent extent. I can understand why you would be concerned by this. Judging by what you've said here I suggest you look into it (mind.org could be a good start). Knowing that it is related to something that other people experience may help it worry you less and be more confident in ways you can help yourself. Just because something isn't "normal" it doesn't make you crazy or mean that you are alone. There will probably be a lot of people who feel the same way you do.

Quick Reply