The Student Room Group

What would you expect your school to do if they forgot to submit c/w to board ?

What damages would you expect the school to pay.
Can't get an offer with less than a B.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Theplace

Can you explain what happened in more detail?
Reply 2
The school did not untick a box, so last years coursework of a lower grade was entered instead of the recent high one.
Not eligible to apppy to my uni choices now.
I wouldn't expect them to pay any damages, I'd expect them to resend your recent coursework?
Reply 4
Original post by caitlynm
I wouldn't expect them to pay any damages, I'd expect them to resend your recent coursework?

The exam board wil not accept the coursework now.
Damages...how to quantify...if you don't get an offer from uni
Reply 5
The exam board wil not accept the coursework now.
Damages...how to quantify...if you don't get an offer from uni

Absolutely none.
Reply 6
The school did not untick a box, so last years coursework of a lower grade was entered instead of the recent high one.

So you have to waste a year of your life due to an admin issue?

wow that is ****ed up I would burn the school down if that happened to me.
Reply 7
Original post by Yaboi
So you have to waste a year of your life due to an admin issue?

wow that is ****ed up I would burn the school down if that happened to me.

Yup. Appropriate answer.
However, even after a year, botninf changes. Many good unis,don't accept resits.
Plus even though we asked, they did not even bother to phone.
This is stuck on the academic record for life.
Reply 8
Original post by Drewski
Absolutely none.

Really? Are you a head?
Reply 9

Could you ask the school to contact your chosen universities and explain the mistake? You may find that they will consider your application in light of the circumstances.
(edited 7 years ago)
Really? Are you a head?

Nope, just realistic. While you may want some form of compensation, you shouldn't expect any. And I'd be very surprised if you got any.
Reply 11
Original post by Clemm101
Could you ask the school to contact your chosen universities and explain the mistake? You may fine that they will consider your application in light of the circumstances.

The unis don't go for that, but can write it in the reference, however with so much competition, it weakens the application. Thank you for responding,
Reply 12
Original post by Drewski
Nope, just realistic. While you may want some form of compensation, you shouldn't expect any. And I'd be very surprised if you got any.

If someone damages your possessions would you not expect to be compensated?
(edited 7 years ago)
If somekne damages your possessions would you not expect to be compensated?

They didn't damage your possessions, they just didn't submit something.

They've not done anything tangible to you.

Feel free to take legal action against them, but be prepared for no lawyer to take you seriously.
Reply 14
Original post by Drewski
They didn't damage your possessions, they just didn't submit something.

They've not done anything tangible to you.

Feel free to take legal action against them, but be prepared for no lawyer to take you seriously.

Qualifications are possessions. This is theft. Theft of a grade or two, theft of an good uni education and theft of a career. Of course it is tangible. Plus distress.
(edited 7 years ago)
Qualifications are possessions. This is theft. Theft of a grade or two, theft of a j k education and theft of a career. Of course it is tangible. Plus distress.

You're free to have a go.

Everybody else is free to ignore you. And chances are they will. You might not like it but that doesn't stop it being true.
Reply 16
Original post by Drewski
You're free to have a go.

Everybody else is free to ignore you. And chances are they will. You might not like it but that doesn't stop it being true.

Are you 12?
Are you 12?

Even if I was, why would that matter?

Again, just because you don't like what you're being told, doesn't mean it's untrue.

Feel free to pursue your school. Be prepared to get absolutely nothing in reply.

All I would expect is that your school would apologise and provide a free resit in November if it is English/maths or in the summer if not.
The U.K. Is not a USA style compensation culture and you would be hard pressed to find any solicitor/lawyer to take your case if you tried to press for compensation.
There are very few universities that don't accept resits and if you already had a coursework mark that was re-used then you were surely doing a resit anyway. Most universities will make an offer that includes a condition of achieving a specific GCSE grade if required. What GCSE subject , what course and where are you hoping to apply that you think they won't ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)

The exam board would likely query the lack of coursework, and likely give you an X or Q grade in the meantime.

Quick Reply

Latest