The Student Room Group

What are you supposed to do at a beach?

Basically I've never been to the seaside before and will be going for the first time. But what are you actually supposed to do at a beach? Do you just walk around and lie on the sand? Or do people swim there? I can swim pretty well but I'm not sure whether swimming at an actual sea would be dangerous because of the tides...

Scroll to see replies

Generally:
-lie in the sun
-have a nice stroll
-swim (Dependant on how mad af waves are and how cold it is)
-build a bomb ass sand thingy
-look at butts
Original post by Retired_Messiah
Generally:
-lie in the sun
-have a nice stroll
-look at butts

+

-Bury people in sand
-Drink beer
-Have a BBQ
-Look in rock pools at all the crabs and starfish and stuff

Where do you live OP?
Reply 3
Pretty much just eat ice cream :colondollar:
My favourite thing to do at the beach is read. When people 'swim' at the beach, it usually just paddling or playing games in the water.
Catch some waves, dude. :cool:
Undress in front of French police officers.
I've lived within easy walking distance (<1 mile) of a beach for 14 years. You have picnics, bbqs, swim, walk dogs, sunbathe, etc.

My personal favourite thing to do at the beach is wait until 12-1 am, have a long walk along the beach to somewhere really dark, then sit, close your eyes and listen to the waves. Optional extras: stare at the sky, write, meditate, sleep, wait until sunrise.
Reply 8
Just chill. Get a deck chair tan your sexy body

Posted from TSR Mobile
Try to keep your mouth shut when you see 7 year olds in bikinis. I'll never understand why parents do that to their children. :frown:
Wear speedos if you are male. :teehee:
Make a massive sand castle with walls and a moat and when the waves come the moat will fill and you can see how long your castle can defend itself from the waves
Reply 12
Original post by squish562
Basically I've never been to the seaside before and will be going for the first time. But what are you actually supposed to do at a beach? Do you just walk around and lie on the sand? Or do people swim there? I can swim pretty well but I'm not sure whether swimming at an actual sea would be dangerous because of the tides...

Depends where and when.

UK beaches in October, well if it's mild I would still swim at the likes of Bournemouth because the sea is still relatively warm, though I would take a thermos flask with a hot drink, or go to a cafe after. It this time of year you can sit in the sun without any fear of burning. Choose a beach with a lifeguard or marked areas and don't go alone, don't go beyond your depth ... Ideally there will be some surf to ridy, at least "body surf", or you can buy a cheap polystyrene thing.

Swim, you will build muscle & lose weight.

This week looks good: http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2655095
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Retired_Messiah
Generally:
-lie in the sun
-have a nice stroll
-look at butts

fair play :lol:
Reply 14
Original post by KingBradly
+

-Bury people in sand
-Drink beer
-Have a BBQ
-Look in rock pools at all the crabs and starfish and stuff

Where do you live OP?

I live in London.
Jesus christ what kind of question is that? God forbid you go to a beach and decide what to do yourself. :rolleyes:
Reply 16
Original post by Spock's Socks
Pretty much just eat ice cream :colondollar:

This. Though if it's not a warm day, get a bag of chips .... or a donut or two :wink:, and visit the amusements.
Reply 17
swim, build sandcastles, get a tan
Original post by ForestShadow
fair play :lol:

It's the most important one
Original post by Vixen47
Try to keep your mouth shut when you see 7 year olds in bikinis. I'll never understand why parents do that to their children. :frown:

If you have a problem with children wearing bikinis, maybe you're a paedo. They're kids for godsake, there's nothing sexual about it.

Quick Reply

Latest