The Student Room Group

I feel like i will never achieve anything great in life.

I'm not good at any particular subject at school and i suck at maths even though i try my hardest and i feel like i wont get into the sixth form i want to go to because i cant achieve an A in maths or above. I dont have any good skills and im not good at anything. I dont really know who i want to be when i grow up, i thought doctor but now i dont even know, i just want to achieve something great and leave a trace of myself in history i dont want to be the average joe that history books dont remember. Sorry if i sound stupid, can someone tell me what to do, how can i achieve greatness?!
I think we all feel like that every once in a while.

What you've got to bear in mind is; you've young and have your whole life ahead of you. Standard advice, I know, but it's also the truth. Very few people know their strengths so early on in life, it's only later when you experience more that you get to become familiar with yourself.

Keep trying new things, work on what you need to do already, study as hard as you can, but also make sure you don't put too much pressure on yourself and enjoy life.
When I was younger I wanted to be a great scientist. Now I'd just like a job.
Reply 3
Original post by Callum323

Go with flow, just take it easy. :smile:

Maybe it's not you that's the problem here maybe you just need to brush up on your revision technique? Maybe make a weekly timetable to stay on top of everything and change the way you revise to do better. :smile: let me know if this was of any use. :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Callum323

Sorry I didn't mean to quote you this was aimed at the author :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
prove yourself wrong.
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
I'm not good at any particular subject at school and i suck at maths even though i try my hardest and i feel like i wont get into the sixth form i want to go to because i cant achieve an A in maths or above. I dont have any good skills and im not good at anything. I dont really know who i want to be when i grow up, i thought doctor but now i dont even know, i just want to achieve something great and leave a trace of myself in history i dont want to be the average joe that history books dont remember. Sorry if i sound stupid, can someone tell me what to do, how can i achieve greatness?!

This is me rn BTW. You're not alone. Not even one bit. On TSR you'll find people who have it all the money the grades the lavish life etc. But what you need to realise that you are you and not them. Make the most of what you have. Don't compare yourself to these people only look at yourself and be the best you can be. Or think of it this way, how many people are not in the same position as you were they have the opportunity to study anything. You're very fortunate. Your life means something. You may not realise why things are happening the way they are rn but you my friend, will realise this soon. Everything has a meaning, a purpose even your life. So don't question that just because you aren't able to pursue medicine for some reason. Some doctors fail people so it's not black and white. You know there was a famous Nazi doctor called Josef mendelev who killed innocent people. Just proves that you can be a doctor but being a genuine and rightous individual is harder. :smile:

Keep hustling.

Sorry this was a bit of a ramble. :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

greatness become a designer or a business person
or infamous just kill a lot of people using increasing horrible methods should do the trick

You probably won't.

Spoiler

Reply 9
Original post by jamesthehustler
greatness become a designer or a business person
or infamous just kill a lot of people using increasing horrible methods should do the trick

I want to do a scientific discovery, but im starting to feel i cant because there are so many discoveries already made, or be a great sportman but im bad at sport and i thought about being a formula one driver, but all those great formula one drivers already started go kart racing at the age of about 6 and i never go go kart racing so it feels i possible to achieve, i know im quite pathetic and unlikely to achieve anything.:frown:

Quick Reply

Latest