The Student Room Group

Are my A-Levels suitable?

I want to study mechanical engineering at university, preferably Leeds, and I am currently studying Physics, Chemisty and Mathematics. Are these subjects suitable for entry into an MEng mechanical engineering course, or should I have taken Further Mathematics/ Design Technology.
For some reason, people with the ambition of mech engineering choose different alevel route.

my ambition is mechanical engineering or mechatronics engineering

I chose maths, physics, electronics and ICT.

I need to know what u like in specific from mechanical engineering. Like productions managing, civil, electronics or automotive etc...

I dont know why many choose chemistry either unless if someone may want to be a chemical engineer. your courses are fine enough for that uni. try to get involved in extra curricular activities though. I cant coz im doing four alevels. I go gym at times, read fiction books.
Original post by Nisathesharp
For some reason, people with the ambition of mech engineering choose different alevel route.

my ambition is mechanical engineering or mechatronics engineering

I chose maths, physics, electronics and ICT.

I need to know what u like in specific from mechanical engineering. Like productions managing, civil, electronics or automotive etc...

I dont know why many choose chemistry either unless if someone may want to be a chemical engineer. your courses are fine enough for that uni. try to get involved in extra curricular activities though. I cant coz im doing four alevels. I go gym at times, read fiction books.

i am thinking of automotive engineering, btw that was really helpful, thanks a lot

Quick Reply

Latest