The Student Room Group

should i apply for KINGS LAW? ADVICE URGENT

okay I am a alevel student on the reformed alevels spec,
I got an A in history
C in sociology, politics, english lit

I am dropping english
( do not judge me on the C's)
politics I was ill and it is the old spec so I can resit the module in my marks it is evident I got an A on the first half of the first paper I got an E on unit 1, a few marks of an A on unit 2, I did not really revise for that. tbh

Sociology I did not revise, but it is reformed I am revising hard and I am more organised this year,

evidently history is really hard the fact I got an A must prove something, if I get the predicted grades, get high LNAT score? does that give me a chance, also I got B's mainly and 2 A's at GCSE.

Should I apply yes or no?
Reply 1
Original post by JohnGreek
Nah

why?
Reply 2
Original post by JohnGreek
Grades, and the fact that KCL only uses the LNAT as a cut-off. You may ask us not to judge you on your three Cs, but King's definitely will.

they reformed AS's so they do not exist, technically anymore, they do not count in my final grade
is there any particular reason you want to go Kings? i'd suggest not to apply because Kings is all about grades tbh. But theres unis out there just as good if not better which u won't think are that good in the outset. I go to Leeds uni and do law, we're 7th out of 115 law providers (higher than Oxford and many other russell group unis) and came 2nd in the NSS behind Cambridge and are The Times and Sunday Times uni of the year. the entry requirements are AAA i think but you'll have to double check. Moral of the story - don't limit your options to Kings being the be all end all, loads of good unis out there for law
Reply 4
Original post by zakiah nasir
is there any particular reason you want to go Kings? i'd suggest not to apply because Kings is all about grades tbh. But theres unis out there just as good if not better which u won't think are that good in the outset. I go to Leeds uni and do law, we're 7th out of 115 law providers (higher than Oxford and many other russell group unis) and came 2nd in the NSS behind Cambridge and are The Times and Sunday Times uni of the year. the entry requirements are AAA i think but you'll have to double check. Moral of the story - don't limit your options to Kings being the be all end all, loads of good unis out there for law

well, I want to commute to kings,
Original post by mar1enneh
well, I want to commute to kings,

if u do go for it just make sure u have a back up in place just in case. If you want to commute maybe look at other unis which aren't too far from u also and look into them

Quick Reply

Latest