The Student Room Group

Becoming a knowledge freak?

So I was thinking about something. If people who read alot of books have wider imaginations and better vocabulary, and people who watch a lot of crime shows probably have more alot more knowledge about such topics than those of us who don't, and so on and so on, why can't we apply that same concept to studying?
I mean, do you think if people were ONLY to watch -for example- biology seminars, and never watched anything else, and they only read their textbooks, and nothing else, would they become biology geniuses?
I'm either on to something here or just becoming delirious due to my IGCSE's, what do you guys think?
Original post by Otaybee
So I was thinking about something. If people who read alot of books have wider imaginations and better vocabulary, and people who watch a lot of crime shows probably have more alot more knowledge about such topics than those of us who don't, and so on and so on, why can't we apply that same concept to studying?
I mean, do you think if people were ONLY to watch -for example- biology seminars, and never watched anything else, and they only read their textbooks, and nothing else, would they become biology geniuses?
I'm either on to something here or just becoming delirious due to my IGCSE's, what do you guys think?

I think revising for a test actually restricts knowledge at GCSE and A level anyway. for example, When I do maths in my free time, there's so many interesting areas I delve into, but when I revise for my exams all of that knowledge seems to disappear so that I can focus on revising on exams, which are basically all the same.
Yes

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending