The Student Room Group

Friday 10th - LAST CHANCE FRIDAY

Today is the last working day before your universities receive your A level results.

Today is also the day that UCAS recieve nearly 3 million A/AS/AEA/Key skills results from the exam board and have to start matching them to the ~500,000 applicants on their system.

If the exams listed as pending on your UCAS form DON'T MATCH the exams you're waiting for results for next Thursday then it's worthwhile phoning UCAS THIS MORNING.
If the results they receive don't match the results they're expecting then it may slow down their ability to match your results to your application - which may mean your unis won't receive your results until as late as Thursday (and so your confirmation decision won't show on UCAS Track on results day).

If you KNOW that you don't want to go to either your firm or insurance place then call them TODAY to arrange to be released.
University staff are NOT ALLOWED to talk to you about your application next week until Results Day (because they've got your grades). On Results Day applicants wanting to get released are bottom of the pile of priorities (below EVERYONE - even clearing applicants) and it can take up to a fortnight AFTER results day for a release to be processed. If you know then sort things out today and go into Results Day with one less hassle to deal with.
Reply 1
On the first point, having just spoken to UCAS myself, I've been told the following things:

1). The department dealing with amending applications, taking note of extra exams etc. won't be available until after 3pm.

2). Even if you do phone after 3pm, it might be too late - there may well still be a delay in processing the results and sending them to the unis if the results don't match the application, so there may be Nothing You Can Do. Still worth trying though, I guess.

Latest

Trending

Trending