The Student Room Group

Is ''Compelling Personal Reasons'' Real? Doubtful person here

Ok. this will be LONG. so listen up1. I studied computer forensics in The academic year 2015. got through year one easy peasy, then second year started 2016, and in febuary of the second year everything fell apart.2.I have depression, and been diagnosed with it since 17 and on and off medication.Ive also been reffered to richmond mental health centre. 3.I have been hospitalised 3 times in my life for attempted suicide. one during University (I DID NOT DECIDE TO drop out after 2 days of overdosing and being pumped, and had a exam the next week so I still came, only to drop out 3 months after, what was the point of me going to uni for 2-3 months after my sucide attempt? I dont know, i thought i could make it) 4. My last day of uni was march/april time. I then just stopped going, and closed my self in a cacoon of no hope. 5.I now got help, and after not eating properly, or bathing, or changing clothes for months, im standing up. Ive recovered and made it out of that hole. 6.I studied for 1.5 years which I know count as 2. one day of the second year counts as the entire whole year. 7.I want to go to uni now for september 2017. (Im still recovering and NO WAY i could have made it for THIS academic year). I want to start a new course, and at a new uni. 8.so, heres my questions:-How many years can I have to study IF CPR goes through?-Is a Letter from a GP, a hospital record of when I when into hospital, a covering letter, medication proof, from my past, enough? what should my Dr include in the medical letter? -is CPR even real? like do they actually even do it. it seems fake, ive never heard a story on here saying it worked for them, all I see is people asking questions, but no one saying 'yep I did it and it worked for me, heres how I did it, ect, ect'I want to hear a success story. theres not one on the web, and CPR seems fake.only ones ive heard is of people being rejected.... something seems off.
Original post by DennisRehman
Ok. this will be LONG. so listen up1. I studied computer forensics in The academic year 2015. got through year one easy peasy, then second year started 2016, and in febuary of the second year everything fell apart.2.I have depression, and been diagnosed with it since 17 and on and off medication.Ive also been reffered to richmond mental health centre. 3.I have been hospitalised 3 times in my life for attempted suicide. one during University (I DID NOT DECIDE TO drop out after 2 days of overdosing and being pumped, and had a exam the next week so I still came, only to drop out 3 months after, what was the point of me going to uni for 2-3 months after my sucide attempt? I dont know, i thought i could make it) 4. My last day of uni was march/april time. I then just stopped going, and closed my self in a cacoon of no hope. 5.I now got help, and after not eating properly, or bathing, or changing clothes for months, im standing up. Ive recovered and made it out of that hole. 6.I studied for 1.5 years which I know count as 2. one day of the second year counts as the entire whole year. 7.I want to go to uni now for september 2017. (Im still recovering and NO WAY i could have made it for THIS academic year). I want to start a new course, and at a new uni. 8.so, heres my questions:-How many years can I have to study IF CPR goes through?-Is a Letter from a GP, a hospital record of when I when into hospital, a covering letter, medication proof, from my past, enough? what should my Dr include in the medical letter? -is CPR even real? like do they actually even do it. it seems fake, ive never heard a story on here saying it worked for them, all I see is people asking questions, but no one saying 'yep I did it and it worked for me, heres how I did it, ect, ect'I want to hear a success story. theres not one on the web, and CPR seems fake.only ones ive heard is of people being rejected.... something seems off.

Funding is calculated as:
length of new course + 1 gift year - previous years.

Any years that SFE approve as not counting for CPR wouldn't be included in your previous years number.

If CPR doesn't go through then you would not have funding (tuition fees - you'd still get a maintenance loan) for your first year of any course (if you're planning on continuing the same course/subject and can get direct entry into year 2 of a course then you'd be funded for that year onwards).

IF CPR goes through for your second year of your previous study then you'd be funded for the first year of any course (and the subsequent years) - but if you start again from first year then that would use up your "gift" year so any needs to resit or restart in future wouldn't be funded. If you were continuing with the same course and able to get direct entry into year 2 of a course then your gift year would still be there as a back up if anything else went wrong and you needed to resit a year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending