The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lord Samosa

Is it bad that he's the first person I thought of as i read the OP :rofl:

For all we know... He could be a Pakistani acting like an Indian. :toofunny:
Original post by Anonymous
So I'm Brit Pakistani and my parents would like me to marry a Pakistani guy but the thing is I have never been attracted to them. All my crushes from school to uni have been non-Pakistani men.

For me Pakistani men fall into 2 categories. Either they're loud,arrogant, show off and gangster wannabes with rubbish fashion sense or they freaking hypocrites. I hate their attitude towards women. Most of these men sleep around and get drunk yet they expect to marry a pure Virgin good girl that wears a hijab. Also, many believe a woman's place is in the kitchen and should not been given much freedom. I'm not talking about freshies here, but born and bred Brit ones. I have lots of male friends and they all think like that. I abhor they attitude towards white women as if they're a piece of meat. Recently, my cousin said White girls are the 3 F's:find them, f them, then F off. I was disgusted.

I feel guilty and bad mainly because it feel like I'm generalising but this is my experience of them though I'm sure they are some nice ones there. Anyway it's what my parents want for me. Also, they'd never allow me to marry a non-Pakistani guy even if he was Muslim. They really strict when it comes to this.

But I've tried for my parents said but I've never really been attracted to Pakistani men. Something just always turns me off about them. What to do?:/

Marry a religious Muslim - problem solved.

Wait til you meet me.
Original post by undercxver
For all we know... He could be a Pakistani acting like an Indian. :toofunny:

LOOOL! He did say he used have family in Pakistan before partition.

Nah, some Indians are just as bad.
Original post by Eternalflames
LOOOL! He did say he used have family in Pakistan before partition.

Nah, some Indians are just as bad.

Looks like there is no explaination other than he's a diq. :frown:

Spoiler

What City do you live in? My god can't believe there's still born and bred British Pakistani's like that. Would imagine it from the older generation. But from ours?!

Shocking right. I live in West Yorkshire.
Original post by zakiah nasir
i think because u have the pre mindset that they're all creeps and a turn off your not giving them a chance and just generalising... once u get talking to these asian lads most of them (ones I've talked to in the past anyway) are really nice and don't have typical mentalities. Its hard to not generalise when you've been up round that but good luck with it!

Well I have tried to give thema chance. People at work were trying to hook me up with this Pakistani man. He was attractive untill I heard him talk to his Asian friend he kept talking about wanting to marry a girl that wears a hijab and is a virgin. This guy slept around, went clubbing and drank beer etc. And when he was around his White work colleagues he put on his charm on and you'd think he's the most modern forward thinking guy ever.

I'm a Virgin Hijabi myself and I have nothing against guys preferring virgins. But it's their attitude they have towards other non Virgin women that puts me off especially considering they are no angels themselves. It's extremely sexist and racist. It's like we can have fun but girls can't.
Reply 27
i understand as many families are like that still. ik families who wont let their kids marry out of the same cast. u dont have to start worrying about marriage yet i presume but maybe when the time approaches do you have a parent that is more understanding than the other? talk to them. also many of these boys are teenagers but when it comes to marriage boys (im not saying the boys you know but boys in general) will be more maturer and it might change your prospective.
So I'm Brit Pakistani and my parents would like me to marry a Pakistani guy but the thing is I have never been attracted to them. All my crushes from school to uni have been non-Pakistani men.

For me Pakistani men fall into 2 categories. Either they're loud,arrogant, show off and gangster wannabes with rubbish fashion sense or they freaking hypocrites. I hate their attitude towards women. Most of these men sleep around and get drunk yet they expect to marry a pure Virgin good girl that wears a hijab. Also, many believe a woman's place is in the kitchen and should not been given much freedom. I'm not talking about freshies here, but born and bred Brit ones. I have lots of male friends and they all think like that. I abhor they attitude towards white women as if they're a piece of meat. Recently, my cousin said White girls are the 3 F's:find them, f them, then F off. I was disgusted.

I feel guilty and bad mainly because it feel like I'm generalising but this is my experience of them though I'm sure they are some nice ones there. Anyway it's what my parents want for me. Also, they'd never allow me to marry a non-Pakistani guy even if he was Muslim. They really strict when it comes to this.

But I've tried for my parents said but I've never really been attracted to Pakistani men. Something just always turns me off about them. What to do?:/

This is the most crap I've ever heard, a big generalisation. Yes some pakistani man are not great but there not all like that. How would you like it if I said all pakistani girls drink and are hypocrites.

I've seen both guys and girls do bad things but you can't generalise them all.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Zayn Malik is Pakistani and hes attractive
Reply 30

im a pakistani male and im not like that, rare i know, you gotta play the situation. You could do that by calmly talking to your mum only or who ever is more understanding and just hint at the possibility of marrying guys other than pakistanis. Talk about good guys who aren't pakistanis, name a few of them. Before you do that, do something nice for them like take them out to eat or whatever, so they could loosen up.

Then gradually try to convince them until they are in favour of the idea. Good luck!
basically, i think ur maybe feeling this way bc of the ends ur living in, mayb they're rlly traditional kind of mindset which contradicts with you. So I'd say try and meet new people through work, studies etc so you can meet other types of pakistanis. As for your family im sure they just want to see you happy so I'd say try and make more of an effort and learn about the rights of the wife & husband islamically so you have knowledge of what youre meant to be looking for if youre religious/hold belief that is. Since theyre not going to let you marry a non pakistani youre pretty much stuck with them and thats the reality unless you want to go against your parents and do something about it. Mayb try an uncle or relative that could persuade them etc. Hope it all works out for you regardless x
Reply 32
try finding yourself a white convert muslim guy before your parents find you someone
Reply 33

hes half white.

Didn't Zayn get caught cheating?
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
:redface:

:rofl:

wot? :confused:
wot? :confused:

Don't worry lovely that doesn't make you racist or anything, I am not attracted to Norwegians at all.
What you've got to do is gather all your possessions and take a tent then camp out in an underpass for the rest of your life :borat:
Reply 37
Original post by Zamestaneh
Marry a religious Muslim - problem solved.

This. And well so sorry to hear that you feel this way. I am sure there are plenty of nice Pakistani guys too insha'Allah. There is good and bad in all communities, remember that.
Don't worry lovely that doesn't make you racist or anything, I am not attracted to Norwegians at all.
What you've got to do is gather all your possessions and take a tent then camp out in an underpass for the rest of your life :borat:

still don't get wot your talking about
I feel the same about Brit Paki girls?

Latest

Trending

Trending