The Student Room Group

Living with a racist flatmate...

How do I deal with this? Keep ignoring the remarks as I have to live with this person for a year and do not want to argue.Anyone else experienced this? What did you do?
Reply 1
What did he/she say and what did he/she do? Put a hidden camera or record it on your phone etc, for evidence.
Original post by Ishax
What did he/she say and what did he/she do? Put a hidden camera or record it on your phone etc, for evidence.

Might as well go all the way and install a telescreen.
Reply 3
Original post by Ishax

lol it's not 1984. believing in racial differences is not illegal.
Reply 4
Original post by Sabertooth
Might as well go all the way and install a telescreen.

Shouldn't be racist then.
Reply 5
Original post by el0hssa
lol it's not 1984. believing in racial differences is not illegal.

But being racist is.
Original post by Anonymous
How do I deal with this? Keep ignoring the remarks as I have to live with this person for a year and do not want to argue.Anyone else experienced this? What did you do?

I haven't experienced living with a racist flatmate but if I did, I'd probably try to distance myself with that said person. If that person is insulting you with racial remarks, the best plan of action would be to move out.
I assume you have just started uni what things do they say that are racist. I would just ignore it it would bother me
Talk to the accommodation office

The other person has to behave in a considerate way to fellow flat mates
Original post by Anonymous

Just ignore him. If its uni property then id think you could make a complaint somewhere and get him sanctioned//evicted. You could always tru and seek a change of accommmodation, but then it would come out anyway.

You are trapped because you wont complain. Go and see one of the advisers in the students union.
Original post by Ishax
But being racist is.

:fyi: Actually it is not.
Reply 11
does he just walk around blurting out racial words like a tourettes sufferer or something?
Ask to move rooms and tell them not to ask for the room change charge, otherwise you'll take them to court for putting you with a racist.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Sabertooth
:fyi: Actually it is not.

Well, it should be.
When you say racist, do you mean actually racist or things you disagree with?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending