The Student Room Group
Students relax on campus, Teesside University
Teesside University
Middlesbrough
Visit website

Places on Dental Hygiene and Therapy course

Hi looking to apply for 2017, do you know how many places are offered on the DHT course at Teeside Glasgow Portsmouth and QMUL ?
For this course there are normally a limited number of places, I know at other uni's they range from 8 to 28. I am also applying for this course at Teeside.
Students relax on campus, Teesside University
Teesside University
Middlesbrough
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Parkerpoo2
Hi looking to apply for 2017, do you know how many places are offered on the DHT course at Teeside Glasgow Portsmouth and QMUL ?

Hi there

Pleased to hear you're interested in BSc (Hons) Dental Hygiene and Dental Therapy :smile:

If you want to have a chat with the admissions team for that course you can email [email protected] or call 01642 384110.

You can find out a bit more about the course from a student's perspective by reading about Alan's experience here.

Good luck with the rest of your research :biggrin:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by sophiejvc
For this course there are normally a limited number of places, I know at other uni's they range from 8 to 28. I am also applying for this course at Teeside.

Hey Sophie :smile: I have also applied for this course @ Teesside! :smile: What is your background/quals if you don't mind me asking?

I am from dental nursing background.. have only applied to Teesside so not in with a huge chance of success!

Good luck to you anyway! :smile:
Original post by bethloutaylor
Hey Sophie :smile: I have also applied for this course @ Teesside! :smile: What is your background/quals if you don't mind me asking?

I am from dental nursing background.. have only applied to Teesside so not in with a huge chance of success!

Good luck to you anyway! :smile:

Teesside is a great place to study but please don't raise your hopes

I did dental nursing at tees uni and and worked after
A year later I decided to apply for dental therapy and I came out the interview crying, it was intense and I felt so thick and I was rejected
I then applied again a year later, prepared to the best I could, I felt more confident and so happy when I came out the interview which was held in Nov.
They said if I didn't hear it's a good thing, I didn't hear, until it was the last week of decisions in August and I was rejected again
All those months I held on and thought I actually had a chance,
But even though I knew the lectures from dental nursing, and I tried my best in being prepared, I still was rejected
This broke me and I couldn't bare to go through it again, so sadly I have said goodbye to dental even though I do miss it

There are so many applicants for this course and I didn't know how competitive it was until I was applying, I hope you succeed wish you the best
Original post by saimaanwar
Teesside is a great place to study but please don't raise your hopes

I did dental nursing at tees uni and and worked after
A year later I decided to apply for dental therapy and I came out the interview crying, it was intense and I felt so thick and I was rejected
I then applied again a year later, prepared to the best I could, I felt more confident and so happy when I came out the interview which was held in Nov.
They said if I didn't hear it's a good thing, I didn't hear, until it was the last week of decisions in August and I was rejected again
All those months I held on and thought I actually had a chance,
But even though I knew the lectures from dental nursing, and I tried my best in being prepared, I still was rejected
This broke me and I couldn't bare to go through it again, so sadly I have said goodbye to dental even though I do miss it

There are so many applicants for this course and I didn't know how competitive it was until I was applying, I hope you succeed wish you the best

Sorry to hear this ☹️

Must of been very disheartening for you. It's the first time that I've applied so I am a little anxious about what to expect and how to prepare.

I understand it's unfair to ask a candidate what sort of questions they asked etc... so I won't. But If you don't mind me asking what sort of structure was the interview process? All questions or? And how were the questions worded?

Thank you x

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by STEPH0778
Sorry to hear this ☹️

Must of been very disheartening for you. It's the first time that I've applied so I am a little anxious about what to expect and how to prepare.

I understand it's unfair to ask a candidate what sort of questions they asked etc... so I won't. But If you don't mind me asking what sort of structure was the interview process? All questions or? And how were the questions worded?

Thank you x

Posted from TSR Mobile

There isn't much structure tbh, it's just basically a normal interview, as if you were being interviewed for a job
They'll ask you basic questions and other questions to see if you have done your research and know the ins and outs of the career
Just be confident and you'll be fine
Thanks for the knowledge! I think it hard when you put on the spot and you want it so badly 😬 Shocked that Teeside is just 1 interview since Leeds have 9 mini interviews! Have you ever had an interview there?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending