Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Sick of heartbreak

Announcements Posted on
Would YOU be put off a uni with a high crime rate? First 50 to have their say get a £5 Amazon voucher! 27-10-2016

I'm 25, so I know there's still plenty of time, but..
    all I have had for the past few years is disappointment and heartbreak,and I'm known amongst my friends as the 'unlucky in love' one.

I had a happy relationship from the ages of 18-21, but it ended due to long distance.

After that, I was in an abusive relationship for 3 years, which ended with him cheating/getting with somebody else.

Afterwards, I dated a guy for 2 months, but he said he didn't feel a connection with me and didn't want to be anything more than FWB.

I met another guy later on who I pretty much fell in love with, but who only wanted to be friends due to him going abroad. I still have feelings for him and I'm struggling.

I've been on other dates, but the guys I met were only interested in having sex right away.

I've joined dating websites in the past, and whilst I know they are successful for many people, I didn't like them personally, and didn't meet anyone there either.

I'm just sick of one heartbreak after another, and it seems like anyone who's nice and who i'm attracted to is just not interested or already in a relationship.

I get told frequently that I'm really pretty and have a great figure, and people say that I'm incredibly kind, and funny, but I'm not sure I believe any of it. I know that I have a tendency to come across as very keen sometimes, and that it can put men off, but it's just the way I am.

I feel like some people just expect perfection, and just because I might be a bit keen, or a bit shy, or something, then i'm not good enough. I like being single too, but I would like to meet someone. I cannot go through another heartbreak, I've just had enough. Any advice? Thank you

I think in the grand scheme of things you're actually doing alright for yourself. If you're getting dates, then that's something! BUT it does seem as if you're attracted to the wrong type of men, otherwise you would probably have more success.

There's not really a lot to suggest other than to enjoy life, focus on yourself and keep doing what you're doing whilst practicing self-awareness of what you find attractive. Dating is mostly a game of hit-and-miss, but for all those misses you get closer to a hit.
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 2, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Would you rather be able to

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.