Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

POP and MINI pill

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016

how many people get irregular bleeding on these pills?
    I am a hiker and a runner-- I also study sports science and need to know that if i take this pill whether I will constantly be bleeding or have irregular periods?
    I would prefer to have amenorrhea if possible.

It varies from woman to woman, and from time to time, and there's no way to tell how any individual will be affected in advance.

If you want to control whether or not you have a period, you'd be much better off using a combined pill.

It varies from woman to woman but in general, mini pills are more common to cause irregular bleeding than the combined pill.

I've been on Cerazette for four years now and for the first six months, my bleeding was monthly like a normal period but after that it became irregular. These days I get a bleed maybe once a month then maybe no bleed again for about six months and some months I've even had about three bleeds right after each other in the same month.

If irregular bleeding would be an issue for you then the combined pill would maybe be best if you can take that kind of pill.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nearly every f***ing day, which isn't much of a consolation seen as I initially took them to get rid of the heavy bleeding and awful pain.

Thanks for your replies, I was on the combined pill but I can't take oestrogen anymore due to high BP and migraines.

It may be worth knowing that progesterone only pills can be divided into 'Cerazette and the rest'. It has more progesterone than the alternatives and if you try one sort and don't get on with it, the other may work better for you.
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 4, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Do you like sleeping in a cold room?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.