The Student Room Group

Disappointed with my a levels choices

I do A levels which I don't hate but just find average. I have no passion for them however I can't change as they isn't anything I like.
Original post by England113
I do A levels which I don't hate but just find average. I have no passion for them however I can't change as they isn't anything I like.

hey bro, it's alright don't sweat it.
Have you got a passion like me? if so do it straight after college if you have time.
Can you change your choices? If not, again, don't sweat it i know it's going to be tough but get some study groups with ppl in your class and i'm sure you'll enjoy it.
Reply 2

What a levels are they?🤔

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by LearnForYOU
hey bro, it's alright don't sweat it.
Have you got a passion like me? if so do it straight after college if you have time.
Can you change your choices? If not, again, don't sweat it i know it's going to be tough but get some study groups with ppl in your class and i'm sure you'll enjoy it.

I can't change as I didn't get a B in maths. Also I do English literature and I just don't get it.
Reply 4
Original post by J0333
What a levels are they?🤔

Posted from TSR Mobile

English language English literature and history
I can't change as I didn't get a B in maths. Also I do English literature and I just don't get it.

What A levels would you enjoy or want to do?

If you dont like them and arent interested in going to uni then maybe go to college and do more vocational qualifications?

Just stick with it for the next 2 years I know it sucks but find a way to persuade them on changing it if not, just study hard and imagine when this is all over your gonna get a million quid out of it.
Reply 7
English language English literature and history

And what do you want to do when you leave school mate? You seem to be lacking motivation, what kind of profession do you want?☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by J0333
And what do you want to do when you leave school mate? You seem to be lacking motivation, what kind of profession do you want?☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wanted to be a dentist
Reply 9
I wanted to be a dentist

http://university.which.co.uk/advice/a-level-choices/what-a-levels-do-you-need-to-become-a-dentist this link could help you? I'm not sure the a levels you're taking rn are passable for dentistry at uni, however there are websites which will tell you what courses you can do at uni based on your 3 a levels! Ik because I'm not sure exactly what I want to do at uni yet🤔

Posted from TSR Mobile
I wanted to be a dentist

Okay.. You're going to want to have Chemistry, Biology and something else. My advice finish your current subjects this year. Then restart the 2 years to take more appropriate subject choices.
I don't get why your doing both English Language and English Literature. I would've just picked one of those and that would be English Lit.

Quick Reply

Latest