Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How do you know if you're happy or not in a relationship?

Announcements Posted on
Would YOU be put off a uni with a high crime rate? First 50 to have their say get a £5 Amazon voucher! 27-10-2016

Right now I'm feeling emotionally drained. My boyfriend isn't the happiest person in the world and I knew this from day one. However it's finally taken its toll. I know not everyone can be happy all the time but it would be nice if he cracked a smile once in a while. If he isn't moaning about drivers on the road then it's something else.

Totally I just gave up talking, I even joked and asked if he could crack a smile or something and he didn't. I kept asking if he was OK because he looked so miserable. I was close to asking if I could stay over but given the mood I didn't even bother to ask. I just sat in the car in silence as he moaned about people and their bad driving techniques.

The Other day I asked if he was happy and he said he was happy with the relationship... so I don't get it. I understand he is still having to deal with his injury after his accident and I symphasise with him in regards to that. I wish I could help him in some way. Other than that I don't know what to do anymore. I have to look out for myself and my happiness, I can't be putting my all into trying to make him happy 24/7. Its not even like I'm comparing him to other guys or hoping he will change. I just want him to be happy...

What do I do?

Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 3, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Would you rather be able to

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.