Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Predicted Grades Lower Than Entry Requirements

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016

This summer I achieved ABBB in my AS examinations, in Geography, Maths, Biology and Chemistry respectively. I dropped Biology, and continued on with the other 3 for my A2. I'm applying to do accounting and finance. However, my school predicted me ABB (literally my AS grades). So I was wondering whether it was worth me applying to universities with AAB (Birmingham is the uni which I'm hopeful for)? My GCSE grades are good, and my personal statement seems to be on the right track.

We are on exactly the same boat! but my boat is heading towards chemical engineering. There is still time, just ace all your tests and go and ask one of your teachers for a raise (It's almost like asking for a pay raise lol.) They can change it until you send off your application.

Apply to unis with the same predicted grades with as well as applying to 2 unis that have a lower entry requirements than your predicted grades.

Obviously, if your results are higher than your predicted grades then you can go through adjustment or clearing if you want to change a course. If you know you will do better than your predicted grades, as the same as I am doing, apply next year if you want which will enable you to apply to unis that you want to go to.

Give it a go but reply to some with lower grades than your predictions too. Do you think you can get AAB?

Some universities let you in with lower grades. Examples I know of entry requirements vs what people actually got and still got in are really interesting. My friend applied for Psychology at the University of Sheffield which wanted AAB and got in with AAC and another friend of mine did Law at the University of Nottingham which wanted A*AA but got in with AAB.
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 3, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Do you like sleeping in a cold room?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.