The Student Room Group

Predicted Grades Lower Than Entry Requirements

This summer I achieved ABBB in my AS examinations, in Geography, Maths, Biology and Chemistry respectively. I dropped Biology, and continued on with the other 3 for my A2. I'm applying to do accounting and finance. However, my school predicted me ABB (literally my AS grades). So I was wondering whether it was worth me applying to universities with AAB (Birmingham is the uni which I'm hopeful for)? My GCSE grades are good, and my personal statement seems to be on the right track.
We are on exactly the same boat! but my boat is heading towards chemical engineering. There is still time, just ace all your tests and go and ask one of your teachers for a raise (It's almost like asking for a pay raise lol.) They can change it until you send off your application.
Apply to unis with the same predicted grades with as well as applying to 2 unis that have a lower entry requirements than your predicted grades.

Obviously, if your results are higher than your predicted grades then you can go through adjustment or clearing if you want to change a course. If you know you will do better than your predicted grades, as the same as I am doing, apply next year if you want which will enable you to apply to unis that you want to go to.
Give it a go but reply to some with lower grades than your predictions too. Do you think you can get AAB?

Some universities let you in with lower grades. Examples I know of entry requirements vs what people actually got and still got in are really interesting. My friend applied for Psychology at the University of Sheffield which wanted AAB and got in with AAC and another friend of mine did Law at the University of Nottingham which wanted A*AA but got in with AAB.
i've been predicted all Cs even though i am capable of Bs and on coursework i'm more As. only one of my uni choices is all Cs the rest sare all Bs and i don't know if i should go for it and go through clearing or what? i'm not allowed to do a gap year so that isn't an option.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending