The Student Room Group

I'm starting to feel depressed because of the death of my mother and sister

I'm 17, and they were murdered when I was just 7. When it happened, I didn't even realize what actually happened, now my brain is blocking these memories. I haven't thought about it much, like ever, but recently I've been thinking about it more and more and I'm picturing my life with them. It just makes me sad, I wanna have them but I can't, anyhow.
I'm probably wrong about this, but I'm also starting to resent my father. I don't feel like talking about this too much, but he's done some... illegal business back in the day, and my mom and sister were murdered because of that.
What illegal business? and I'm sorry, life sucks.
I'm so sorry.
Your mother and father would be proud of you, I'm sure.
If you feel your father isn't good for you, try and distance yourself. However, your father did not cause the death of your mother and sister, that was the murderer.
I hope things get better for you x
Reply 3
Was this in the UK? Hmmmm, you are lucky to still have your father I guess. Losing a loved one can be very traumatic for anyone, the only benefit you have is that this happened a long time ago. Time is a great healer in that regard.

You need to keep your mind away from negative thoughts, the past can't be changed but the future certainly can. You need to be happy with what is left, you still have a father, immediate family and friends.
Jesus Christ. I'm so, so sorry. I'm afraid I don't quite know what else to say, as anything would seem inadequate.
Work your butt off in school an get the hell out of there. Don't fall into the trap of feeling sorry for yourself and doing useless stuff to your body and not being determined to change it for yourself (from experience). It's so so scheiss, I really understand you, but there's nothing you can do. You CAN make this smoother for yourself and work hard now to enjoy the smaller things in life.

So sorry for what happened. PM me if you need someone to talk to/if you're feeling on edge :h:
Original post by ImagineCats
Work your butt off in school an get the hell out of there. Don't fall into the trap of feeling sorry for yourself and doing useless stuff to your body and not being determined to change it for yourself (from experience). It's so so scheiss, I really understand you, but there's nothing you can do. You CAN make this smoother for yourself and work hard now to enjoy the smaller things in life.

So sorry for what happened. PM me if you need someone to talk to/if you're feeling on edge :h:

I love this, its so true & realistic

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending