The Student Room Group

GCSE advice

Does any one have any advice on how to obtain A* in all my GCSE's and when to start studying, roughly how long for and study tips. Thanks.
Are you in year 11?
What subjects do you do?

Posted from TSR Mobile
It depends on what year you are in.

If you're in Year 10 or below, just make sure you really understand everything that you are learning at the moment, practice everything you're doing in class, and ask the teachers if you don't understand anything. Also, try to make comprehensive(and comprehensible!) notes in lessons, so you have something to look back on and revise from in the future.

If you're in Year 11, do pretty much the same thing, except start revisiting subjects that you started in Year 10, and just work out what you need to be focussing on in your revision. Closer to the exams I would start doing more past papers and working on exam technique etc.

I know this isn't very detailed, but I hope this helps. There are plenty of discussions on here that cover this sort of thing in more detail, if you need it. Best of luck with your GCSEs! You'll be great.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by lilly24
Start revising now! Just an hour or something everyday on top of your homework then at Christmas step it up to two hours and then keep increasing. Also learn how you best revise - this is so so so important and I I didn't grasp this until a levels! If you can figure it out now then you'll be leaps and bounds ahead. Good luck and remember A*s are not everything - this is coming from someone who got A*A*A*A in their A levels! A's and B's are also fantastic grades!

Thanks
Reply 4
Original post by LEuphoria
It depends on what year you are in.

If you're in Year 10 or below, just make sure you really understand everything that you are learning at the moment, practice everything you're doing in class, and ask the teachers if you don't understand anything. Also, try to make comprehensive(and comprehensible!) notes in lessons, so you have something to look back on and revise from in the future.

If you're in Year 11, do pretty much the same thing, except start revisiting subjects that you started in Year 10, and just work out what you need to be focussing on in your revision. Closer to the exams I would start doing more past papers and working on exam technique etc.

I know this isn't very detailed, but I hope this helps. There are plenty of discussions on here that cover this sort of thing in more detail, if you need it. Best of luck with your GCSEs! You'll be great.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Great advice thank you !!!!!

Quick Reply

Latest