The Student Room Group

Which is better overweight or underweight?

Which in your opinion is better?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Neither they're both dangerous tbh.
Neither, better to be a healthy weight or even better a healthy body fat %.
Though I agree with the first two responses, they are probably dodging the question.

The better one would be the one that is easier to rectify and less damaging in the meantime.
People have told me that they would rather be underweight than overweight but I'm not one to judge. Fat, skinny, either way it doesn't matter. You're a human being at the end of the day and that's all that matters.
Reply 5
Which one would it be easier to get to a healthy weight do you think?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Out of underweight and overweight which one would be easier to get to a healthy weight?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Moomoo648868
Out of underweight and overweight which one would be easier to get to a healthy weight?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Probably underweight, unless your problem is that you dont have an appetite.
Overweight because you can then lose the weight through exercise and diet quite quickly but for the case of underweight people they would struggle to put on weight due to their natural metabolism. Obviously this is hypothetical and it depends on how underweight/overweight you really are. I would probably need a picture of the body frames to make an informed decision, but if it's relatively equal I would most likely choose overweight.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Appearance-wise, I'd rather look at, or sit next to someone who's underweight.
In answer to your latest question, it depends on the individual.
I'd say underweight because it'll be easier to get on track, opposed to losing all that weight.

I'd rather be underweight, rather than overweight.
Any answer besides neither is wrong.
I agree with overweight because it is easier to loose weight I think but some people have serious problems loosing weight so like you said depends on the person.

What do you think of this out of curiosity?

Underweight she is famous Eugenia Cooney. Says she's naturally skinny by its debatable. Do you think she's naturally skinny from looking at her and if someone had her body what could they do to gain weight?
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1475533003.533959.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Original post by FattyHater
Any answer besides neither is wrong.

Pretty much.
Original post by Moomoo648868
I agree with overweight because it is easier to loose weight I think but some people have serious problems loosing weight so like you said depends on the person.

What do you think of this out of curiosity?

Underweight she is famous Eugenia Cooney. Says she's naturally skinny by its debatable. Do you think she's naturally skinny from looking at her and if someone had her body what could they do to gain weight?
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1475533003.533959.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

She's not naturally skinny she just deprives herself of calories. There are people out there who have conditions where they can't put on weight due to fast metabolism, DJ Qualls has a fast metabolism due to the chemotherapy he was treated for when he had cancer at 14. If you just looking at him although he is skinny but he doesn't look anywhere as unhealthy as this women here.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest