The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 1
Manon
Hello,

I would like to have a rough estimate of how much social life would cost (pw) for someone how goes clubbing 3 times a week in nice places and starbucks etc... (for someone in catered, so not including meals).

Thank you :smile:

To have a decent social life, one would have to first avoid Starbucks :wink:
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
It's a bit of an intangible thing to put a figure on- clubbing three times a week, including drinks and maybe a taxi home, plus things like starbucks, and you're talking at the very very least around £60 per week.
I reckon I spend about £30 a week on day to day stuff (not including food, rent and bills) which allows me two fairly heavy (!) nights in Teviot a week (free to get in, no taxi home, cheap drinks) and odd bits of stationery, cards, and all the little things that you generally need. If you're catered you still have to supply your own lunch which can cost a lot every week if you're buying a £3 sandwich evey day.

TBH, I'm always surprised how quickly my £30/wk goes and I'm really not one to spend unless I need to.

Like Michael said, you'd be spending at least £60 a week on 3 nights clubbing and lunches/coffees out.
Oh dear.... My money for uni seems to be getting tighter and tighter... right now it's accomodation vs going out ever. I hate everything.
Don't worry too much about it- I was just quoting a price for what the OP wanted. I felt I had a great social life last year and I probably only went out once a week at most. You find you don't need to go out to have a good time, such is the atmosphere in the halls / flats.
Yeah, exactly - you don't need to spend that sort of money to have a decent social life at all, you can get by on much less and still have a fantastic time - probably even better as you're not likely to have to endure as many horrendous hangovers!

Latest

Trending

Trending