The Student Room Group
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford
Reply 1
Not being funny but the tiniest bit of research on your own will show you a great deal that Oxford has to offer! The clubs are excellent, The Bridge in town especially so. Many fantastic restaurants including the best chinese I've ever been to, called the Opium Den just down from the main Odeon cinema.

And bus-wise, it depends how much you like to stroll! I quite enjoy it and it only took me bout 20-30 mins from town to the Headington Campus! Otherwise there are apparently plentiful bus services!
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford
Reply 2
hi
Reply 3
Gyms - on main campus
football - on main campus mostly... few societies might play somewhere else.
Bars - on campus, off campus, everywhere.
Clubs - Zodiac on Cowley Rd, plus a shed load of them in Oxford (mostly chavvy ones though)

*edit* Zodiac is Carling Academy Oxford now... dunno bout club nights... will need to find that one out.
Reply 4
hi
Reply 5
adrian_nicholl
Looking forward to that carling academy

Loads of gigs i wanna go to.

:biggrin:

Same here. Would be nice to travel to gigs without paying for transport for a change.
Reply 6
Ahhhhh. I'm so excited!
Reply 7
There aint too many chavs tbh. Round the rought end of Cowley there's a few. See many a dodgy looking geezer when I'm popping down to the Riley's pool hall. Zodiac doesnt get chavs. City centre gets a few, not an overly worrying amount though.

Carling Academy as its now called, seems to have soooooo many decent gigs in only Oct / Nov. Far too many to go to all of them. At least last year the decent gigs were spread out enough to afford most of them. This year they're like 6 every month... I'd be completely skint if I went to them all :frown:
Reply 8
I still can't believe Carling Academy bought the Zodiac. The Zodiac was brilliant as it was. There were so many bands that I loved that would play intimate gigs there and I can't help feeling it's going to be more souless now, even with the 3 different rooms at different capacities.
Reply 9
yemaya
I still can't believe Carling Academy bought the Zodiac. The Zodiac was brilliant as it was. There were so many bands that I loved that would play intimate gigs there and I can't help feeling it's going to be more souless now, even with the 3 different rooms at different capacities.

Yeah, probably wont be quite as good an atmosphere.
Carling Academy group have owned it for a while now... they bought out that kitchen tile place next door.... so it must be at least twice as big now. Mind you, if they keep on getting in the bands they have lined up for OCt / Nov, I shan't be too dismayed. I do fear for the smaller bands though, like White Rose Movement and Blood Arm... the bands that didnt even fill the old downstairs, but were incredible.
New Young Pony Club for me on the 20th anyway. Absolutely love the Bomb.
Reply 11
adrian_nicholl
New Young Pony Club for me on the 20th anyway. Absolutely love the Bomb.

Yeah, so do I. Saw them at Brookes' SU.

Latest

Trending

Trending