The Student Room Group

Brexit means brexit and we are going to make a success of it!!

I would just like to talk to the remainers that are STILL crying about the result of the EU.

Stop crying, we are leaving the EU, say goodbye to them, wish them well, ADIOS AMIGOS!

Reaminers think like: No other country will trade with us....WERE ALL GOING TO DIEEEEEEEEEEEE.

Theresa May: Australia, Canada, India, America and other countries are already wanting to do FREE trade deals with us.

"Wipe them tears away"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-37535527

Scroll to see replies

And I will never allow divisive nationalists to undermine the precious union between the four nations of our United Kingdom.

The irony :teehee:
Original post by urbanlocations
I would just like to talk to the remainers that are STILL crying about the result of the EU.

Stop crying, we are leaving the EU, say goodbye to them, wish them well, ADIOS AMIGOS!

Reaminers think like: No other country will trade with us....WERE ALL GOING TO DIEEEEEEEEEEEE.

Theresa May: Australia, Canada, India, America and other countries are already wanting to do FREE trade deals with us.

"Wipe them tears away"

How?
If you want to see a blooming post-Brexit British economy which sees an increase in real wages for the average person, then we need a lot more than just a few favourable trade deals.

Liam Fox was right to call British businessmen "fat and lazy". However it goes much further than just businessmen. Britain has gone from being one of the most industrious nation on Earth to one of the most obese. It should come as no surprise that our productivity lacks behind many comparable economies. It Brexit is to be successful, Brits need to seriously get off their corpulent backsides and put some effort in. I'm yet to be convinced that Brits are capable of this sort of change.
Original post by Quantex
If you want to see a blooming post-Brexit British economy which sees an increase in real wages for the average person, then we need a lot more than just a few favourable trade deals.

Liam Fox was right to call British businessmen "fat and lazy". However it goes much further than just businessmen. Britain has gone from being one of the most industrious nation on Earth to one of the most obese. It should come as no surprise that our productivity lacks behind many comparable economies. It Brexit is to be successful, Brits need to seriously get off their corpulent backsides and put some effort in. I'm yet to be convinced that Brits are capable of this sort of change.

So basically you are calling all British people fat and obese and basically lazy?
It's the UK not USA.
Original post by SHallowvale
How?

I just hear a lot of cry babies that still want to be in the EU. You might be different however the result was the result yet some people cant see that.
I just hear a lot of cry babies that still want to be in the EU. You might be different however the result was the result yet some people cant see that.

Okay, but how is the Government going to make a success of Brexit?
So basically you are calling all British people fat and obese and basically lazy?
It's the UK not USA.

I'm calling the majority of them fat or obese. Which is factually correct regardless of how much we want to live in denial about it. Around 40% of adults are overweight and a further 25% are obese. It's not as bad as the USA, but we are not far behind.

"Wipe them tears away"

Brexit means Brexit is a pretty meaningless phrase. The only thing it means for certain is that we are leaving, but it gives no clue as to what the terms will be.

Only an idiot would keep repeating this phrase thinking it means something when most of the importnat things have yet to be decided.

Theres a difference between wanting to do a free trade deal and having one sorted out. Again it depends upin what terms that deal is before you can evaluate whether it is any good for this country. They could take years to negotiate, especially the one with the USA who are more bothered about negotiating with Europe.

Your post is pretty childish as you fail to acknowledge we will still have to be trading with the EI and so we need to decide the terms upon which that will happen. That is more importnat then any of the other countries because we do more trade with the EU than the ones you mention.
Okay, but how is the Government going to make a success of Brexit?

With making trade deals with the 136 countries in the world?
Original post by 999tigger
Brexit means Brexit is a pretty meaningless phrase. The only thing it means for certain is that we are leaving, but it gives no clue as to what the terms will be.

Only an idiot would keep repeating this phrase thinking it means something when most of the importnat things have yet to be decided.

Theres a difference between wanting to do a free trade deal and having one sorted out. Again it depends upin what terms that deal is before you can evaluate whether it is any good for this country. They could take years to negotiate, especially the one with the USA who are more bothered about negotiating with Europe.

Your post is pretty childish as you fail to acknowledge we will still have to be trading with the EI and so we need to decide the terms upon which that will happen. That is more importnat then any of the other countries because we do more trade with the EU than the ones you mention.

See this is why your reply is stupid, the reason why we don't do other trade deals with the 'other you mention' IS BECAUSE WE WAS TRAPPED.

Now we are free, 2 years time we are free.
See this is why your reply is stupid, the reason why we don't do other trade deals with the 'other you mention' IS BECAUSE WE WAS TRAPPED.

The EU stopping us trading with the rest of the world is a myth peddled by the Leave campaign.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Union_free_trade_agreements

We currently have 53 free trade deals with non-EU countries as part of our EU membership that we'll lose when we leave.
The thing is getting free trade deals and other things like that can take years of negotiations. And we've not had to do that by ourselves on such a large scale for a long time, I fear we may not have the expertise in this area like other countries do. (To get a favourable free trade agreement)

Strewth!

I remain unconvinced you actually understood my reply.

The reality is that our priority should be to deal with our most important trading partner and that is the EU.

Trade agreements involve complex negotiations that take years (soemthing that goes over your head).

We have to see what sort of exit agreement we manage to get and only then can we judge whether it might look as though it has potential or not. Trade agreements for the sake of having an agreement have just as much potential to be disadvantageous as advantageous.
Glad my education here is done. Just wish the UK could proceed with that art 50 quicker so we can re-negotiate the terms on which we do business and that's it goodbye.

And how will that bring us success?

A trade deal doesn't magically make everything better.

And what is the Government going to do about our main trading partner, the EU?
And how will that bring us success?

A trade deal doesn't magically make everything better.

And what is the Government going to do about our main trading partner, the EU?

Tell them we are going to shop else where? If you know the figures most EU countries need us more than we need them.

Like the prime minister said "If its not a good deal, we will shop else where!"
Tell them we are going to shop else where?

Deciding trade deals with other countries isn't as easy as choosing which shop you will buy some Pot Noodles from you shartbucket
Tell them we are going to shop else where? If you know the figures most EU countries need us more than we need them.

Like the prime minister said "If its not a good deal, we will shop else where!"

Individual member states depend on us far less than we depend on the whole of the EU.

'Shopping elsewhere' isn't going to solve the problem if it is more expensive and harder to do so. You're just making it harder to do business which isn't good for the economy.
Reply 19

And every country Britain negotiates a trade deal with will try to get the best deal for themselves and will have no problem screwing Britain over if they can. That may not matter with a small country but the US and China will use every trick in the book to get the best deal for themselves.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending