The Student Room Group

I don't know what to do

So I was seeing a guy and things were going great until an ex came back into my life who I knew deep down I never really got over (but everyone would constantly tell me I was and that how I could be still into him.) We had a year apart with no contact and then we started talking and getting closer and closer until I he had admitted he wanted to get back with me. I then ended things with the first guy because I knew I wanted my ex.

Things were good we weren't officially together but we were going on dates etc. Last night I asked him if we could be exclusive and he said no because he wasn't ready for that level of commitment. He said he wasn't speaking to anyone else (which I believe as I know he's not that type of person.) So I got a little defensive and it led to a little argument and quite a few tears. He then said he wanted to be with me but was unsure if he was ready to be in a long term relationship especially one that he didn't see ending.

I don't know what to do, I've given him space we are still going to talk but not see each other as we are both going home at some point this week. I can't go through all of this again. I subconsciously waited over a year for him so to hear him say that last night my heart just broke again. I understand he has a lot going on with uni work and finding a job etc but I can't lose him again. What do I do?
Sounds like he isn't telling the truth, if he really liked you he would at LEAST go ''exclusive''.

What he is saying doesn't match with what he wants.
Reply 2
Original post by natalie427
Sounds like he isn't telling the truth, if he really liked you he would at LEAST go ''exclusive''.

What he is saying doesn't match with what he wants.

He's confused... I'm confused. It's just messy
Original post by Anonymous
He's confused... I'm confused. It's just messy

How is he confused?
Reply 4
Original post by natalie427
How is he confused?

Because the things he was saying didn't make any sense. One minute he was saying how we wanted to be with me the next he was like I'm 50/50 about if you want a relationship or not.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending