The Student Room Group

Could I get into Optometry with these grades/subjects?

So I did Biology, Chemistry, Psychology and ICT at AS Level and achieved AAAB with a B in Chemistry. After not really considering healthcare courses I've recently been doubting my choices for wanting to do Law or Psychology at university. I've always found Optometry interesting, but now I've dropped Chemistry I've only just realised how much harder I've made it for myself. I'm predicted along the lines of AAA in all of my subjects which meet the standard Optometry schools look for, but I only have one science which is Biology. Do you think I'm likely to get an offer if I apply with Chemistry at grade B AS and AAA at A-Level including Biology, Psychology and ICT? I don't really want to waste my time writing a personal statement if I'm only going to get rejected.
You've done a bit of research into this by the sounds of it, and realise that the lack of Chemistry is going to make it more difficult that it needs to be. Those grades don't preclude an application but you'd be well advised to ring a few Admissions' Tutors to discuss whether you're likely to be able to make a competitive application. Best of luck.

Quick Reply

Latest