The Student Room Group

3 AS and 3 A levels or 4 AS and 3 A levels.

I am in year 11 focusing on my GCSE's this year. My current sixth form makes us do 4 AS subjects and we are then allowed to drop one ( its a grammar school) however I may decide to go to another grammar school which allows you to do 3 AS levels and 3 A levels, as long as I get A*,A*,A* in my A levels( or two A* and an A). Maths,further maths and economics are my choices will I be able to do finance/economics at LSE, UCL, warwick or imperial ? Our current system follows the new A level so we only sit an AS if we drop a subject. So if I do star with 3 subjects I don't have an AS. We also apply to Univesities based on GCSE results and I'm expected to get 10-11 A*'s. I want to be an investment banker/hedge fund manager
(edited 7 years ago)
There is some benefit to doing 4 AS's but its not that important in terms of uni applications. I really recommend taking 4 cause you may change your mind about some subjects, I ended up dropping Physics at AS yet it was my best subject at GCSE.

@fleky6910
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by HopelessMedic
There is some benefit to doing 4 AS's but its not that important in terms of uni applications. I really recommend taking 4 cause you may change your mind about some subjects, I ended up dropping Physics at AS yet it was my best subject at GCSE.

I agree
Reply 3
Original post by HopelessMedic

@fleky6910

Exactly. I should add I've seen a quite a few people have problems doing 3 at A2 solely because one of their 3 AS grades weren't so good/they wanted to drop . This prompted them to resit a year or fast track an A level.

I think 4 AS's would be ideal for the OP.

Quick Reply

Latest