The Student Room Group

Going for first drink at pub

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by john2054
As someone who's been turned away from loads of bars, and clubs, i can assure you that i am right in what i just said.

Well if you're assuring me then you must be right :rolleyes:
As someone who's been turned away from loads of bars, and clubs, i can assure you that i am right in what i just said.

I think that says more about you than it does about the way pubs run.
You can't generalise all pubs based on that fact you are often refused service.
I have never known anyone not to be served in a pub other than for being under 18.
First time I went drinking, I ended up shouting at a toilet and kept telling everyone (even strangers) how much I loved them xD
Some pubs won't serve you unless you are 21. And you have to look confident when ordering, if you want to get served/ okay?

Sorry, I forgot to say in my ramble that you have to not look like a tit at the bar, lest you not be served.

Thanks for the backup.
Original post by oZombiex2
Thanks for your rather unique way of delivering advice.

No ****ing problem, you ****ing **** shit**** ****ing **** **** **** ****er.

How was the pub visit, just out of curiosity?
Reply 25
Make sure you don't order anything that tastes nice it's not manly.
So no kopperburg, no ginger beer, no fancy cocktail or alcopop and nothing with the word light in the name.

Maybe try a pint of Guinness its a meal and drink in one.**
Just ask for a bottle of budweiser, or a pint of carling or heineken or carlsberg or any larger. Don't have stout unless you want to be ill. Probably best to save the jagerbombs until your second time out. You will probably get drunk after one or two pints, so it is best to leave it at that, unless you want to act the big man to impress the lady. Either way it is up to you. Also it may be best to let her order the drinks, because they may ask for id if you don't look like you are 21, and plus they have the right to refuse to serve you. Especially if you don't know what you are doing, okay?! thanks

Most of the time it's if you look under 25 these days
Original post by bones-mccoy
Most of the time it's if you look under 25 these days

I thought it was that!
Original post by INTit
Make sure you don't order anything that tastes nice it's not manly.
So no kopperburg, no ginger beer, no fancy cocktail or alcopop and nothing with the word light in the name.

Maybe try a pint of Guinness its a meal and drink in one.**

Just get a jagerbomb and call me fin. Please don't order a guiness whatever you do!
I thought it was that!

Yeah, you see those badges bartenders have to wear and the signs that are like "don't be offended if you look under 25 and we ask you for ID blah blah blah", I know we have an "under 25" policy at my work
Reply 30
As a man of the night (and a man on the town oi oi), I can safely say that, while she will not exactly laugh in your face for ordering a lager, she will forever judge you for it and never wish to get close to your dirty larger-drinking prick. Instead, I would recommend an old trick I learned up in Coventry: slip the barman a 20 quid note and ask him for a "old twist round the back". Don't worry, as an ex-barman, we all know what this means. He'll bring you some hard stuff that will make sure you get some serious go-time with that hottie.

No need to thank me, I do this for the good of the people.

MEG

Quick Reply

Latest