Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Constant paranoia in my relationship

Announcements Posted on
Why bother with a post grad course - waste of time? 17-10-2016

So I made a post on the mental health forum about this but its got nothing, I'll try here ^_^
    I guess the main stimulant of the paranoia/anxiety is cheating. I'm in constant worry about my partner cheating. Things such as how they act around me vs others of the opposite gender, how they can be cold and randomly drop out of meetups with me from time to time.I suppose the question is how do I stop this paranoia/anxiety? I've spoken to them about it and they reassure me I'm the only person they want, but their actions speak differently in my eyes. I've spoken to my GP and he's prescribed me Propanolol to help with anxiety attack I have due to this issue, gave me help lines e.t.c but I want to solve this on my own.If you need more info I will gladly explain, wanted to keep this part short as I could.

Thanks in advance people.

Perhaps you should ask your GP to refer you to a counsellor or therapist? They're incredibly helpful.

It's understandable to have worries and insecurities if you've been cheated on or mistreated in the past or if you have self esteem problems. These can be problematic for relationships though because your boyfriend will want you to be able to trust him and it would be healthier for you both and your relationship if you can feel secure.

I realise you probably DO trust him and believe his reassurances, it's just that these thoughts are so hard to get rid of. Especially when your partner might not be physically with you at the time.

I would definitely seek further help therapy wise and also do some research online about this kind of thing. There's lots of helpful self help articles and videos online and on YouTube that talk about this kind of thing. It's not a nice way to feel and it can cause relationship problems in the long run

I wish you all the best!
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 4, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Would you want to know what your pet is thinking about you?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.