The Student Room Group

NI number

This question is just about the NI number, how long after the interview does it take to get it? I'm from the Republic of Ireland and only got offered a job today and my interview for the NI is tomorrow so I don't have proof that I have a job yet. Any ideas as to how long it could take to process the number?
Reply 1
Original post by Karendwyer92
This question is just about the NI number, how long after the interview does it take to get it? I'm from the Republic of Ireland and only got offered a job today and my interview for the NI is tomorrow so I don't have proof that I have a job yet. Any ideas as to how long it could take to process the number?

Do you have a written job offer?

You don't need a NI number to start working

https://www.gov.uk/apply-national-insurance-number
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2
No they rang me when the offered me the job. I have emails alright to show I was in contact with the company that are going to be employing me if that's any good?
Reply 3
No they rang me when the offered me the job. I have emails alright to show I was in contact with the company that are going to be employing me if that's any good?

Maybe ask them to email confirmation so you have a proper "paper trail".

And congratulations on getting the job :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Might try that so - thank you :smile:
By the way you don't know what this interview entails do you? I've heard it's not really formal they just want identification but I just want to be sure so I don't get rejected (even though I don't think that's possible since I'm EU/Irish)
Reply 5
Might try that so - thank you :smile:
By the way you don't know what this interview entails do you? I've heard it's not really formal they just want identification but I just want to be sure so I don't get rejected (even though I don't think that's possible since I'm EU/Irish)

No problem.

I don't know what the interview consists of but yes I imagine its just to make sure you are who you say you are, and therefore entitled to get the NI.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest