The Student Room Group

IB/A-Level! HELP?!?!

I am a very ambitious student- all gcse target grade a's and achieved them (and higher) in my mocks in december. However, I'm unsure of what to do after I finish in July. I am interested in taking the International Bacc at the grammar school near me due to the breadth of study ( i have no clue what i want to do after school) yet also want to take A-Levels at my current schools sixth form. In this case i would be able to take 4-5 subjects (English Lit, English Lang, History and French- they're the subjects I enjoy the most). However, in both cases I feel that I'd regret the choice. I have the support I need where I am yet also have an inkling that the International Bacc would be helpful. Yet I'm also worried about the reputation of the school I'd do it at - a grammar school- which tends to have a lot of snobby students with whom I'd be worried about being with (as i hadn't attended that school previously etc.). Also, my dad is trying to convince me that it'd help with jobs to 'change school' as my employer would see it as breaking out of my comfort zone?! Any ideas or guidance much appreciated. :smile:
At this stage the last thing you should be worried about is changing schools to improve job prospects! I think being somewhere with good support is good but equally don't judge a school because of what it's called. Maybe visit to get a feel for it. The IB is generally a good program for exploring other subjects and doing things outside of school work but if you have a set target in mind and know what you need to get there then the A levels are good.

Quick Reply

Latest