The Student Room Group

I can't adapt to studying in uni after going to a crappy Hong Kong state school

In my school everythign was easy, you just needed to read the book and remember a couple sentences for an a, and thats how i got really good grades, got into cambridge, but now uni seems super hard i dont know what to do
Have you talked to your tutor about this? Maybe start a study group? It's a learning process for everyone so engage and explore your study preferences. You'll work it out eventually.
If you're at Cambridge you're probably clever enough to cope with being at Cambridge. This is the best of the best and you don't get in based off memorising a few answers. It's pretty normal to have 'imposter syndrome' when you start uni, it's a different way of learning for everyone and it takes some adapting to and most people spend the first term or so feeling like they're guessing everything and blagging it. Try and nail down some specifics of things you feel you're bad at or skills you don't have and then see if you can put a plan in place to practice them - first year is designed to help you adjust to a new learning style so give yourself time to do so.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending