The Student Room Group

When will I hear back from my medicine Uni choices?

I've sent off my application (through UCAS) today 4pm. It's for Medicine. When will I hear from my uni choices - Newc, UEA, SGUL, Glasgow.
My UKCAT info was sent out last week, so that shouldn't be an issue.
I've been checking Track every 5mins!
Reply 1
The application deadline isn't until 15th October so it will be after that most likely. Probably November sometime.
Reply 2
Original post by Cordelia Franz
I've sent off my application (through UCAS) today 4pm. It's for Medicine. When will I hear from my uni choices - Newc, UEA, SGUL, Glasgow.

Most likely after the October deadline, although sometimes they send emails to confirm they have received your application. Medical school applications are all about patience, it could well be after new year before they update applicants due to the high volume of work to process everyone.

Good luck!

Pretty much everyone else on the thread has already said it so I won't repeat it again, but you'll be fine :smile:
If you're worried about when you'll hear a decision from them maybe it's worth stalking the applicant threads from last year to gauge when invitations to interview etc were sent out? I just say that becuase once you get past the acknowledgment email stage, there's huge variation - Plymouth for example was super quick last year but others are notorious for taking forever.
Reply 4
If it helps at all St George's invited people with highest UKCAT scores first to interview and the people with about 650ish scores (above/about) cut off were invited in March (ish) so basically a while for them if you're UKCAT wasn't that high
Original post by Jehaan
If it helps at all St George's invited people with highest UKCAT scores first to interview and the people with about 650ish scores (above/about) cut off were invited in March (ish) so basically a while for them if you're UKCAT wasn't that high

What sort of score counts as a high score - I got 690. Would that put me in the earlier interviews or the later ones?
What sort of score counts as a high score - I got 690. Would that put me in the earlier interviews or the later ones?

There is no way of knowing. You need to settle in for the long wait. Everyone is in the same position and it sucks. But no one can magically tell you when you'll hear. It's a case of how long is a piece of string.

Try and find a new hobby. Or really knuckle down with school work.

(I say this knowing you, like everybody else, will spend the next few months obsessively checking your emails. I did the same and its very hard not to. But try and not let it consume your life)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7

First off you sound like me last year. I constantly checked my email to see if I had an interview or anything but let me tell you that they come when you least expect it. For example, I would check at least every 20 minutes from the 15th of October onwards which you canimagine is disheartening when nothing comes through and the one interview I did get was the first time I hadn't checked it for an hour. My point is there is no point wasting your life waiting for it like I did by constantly checking tsr and emails. If you have to do something that you can only get onto your email once a day or at least make it difficult to get onto it. Secondly I know last year when it was but that will give no indication for this year and will just make you paranoid just take a deep breath and think about something else. I know it's frustrating when practically everyone you know has 5 offers and you haven't got an interview but you just need to be patient
Original post by Jehaan
First off you sound like me last year. I constantly checked my email to see if I had an interview or anything but let me tell you that they come when you least expect it. For example, I would check at least every 20 minutes from the 15th of October onwards which you canimagine is disheartening when nothing comes through and the one interview I did get was the first time I hadn't checked it for an hour. My point is there is no point wasting your life waiting for it like I did by constantly checking tsr and emails. If you have to do something that you can only get onto your email once a day or at least make it difficult to get onto it. Secondly I know last year when it was but that will give no indication for this year and will just make you paranoid just take a deep breath and think about something else. I know it's frustrating when practically everyone you know has 5 offers and you haven't got an interview but you just need to be patient

Thanks for the good advice... Whenever I feel the urge to check my emails I'll try to revise biology instead :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending