The Student Room Group

Trent Deanery F1 2016/17

Hey everyone!

As Oriel/FPAS applications have opened, I wanted to know if anyone knew how much hospital accommodation is at the Nottinghamshire hospitals & whether it includes utilities?

Cost of renting is a massive factor for me, therefore I would welcome any details or experiences with the Trent deanery anyone would like to share :smile:
Hey how did you get on in the end? Any info would be great :smile:

Original post by Anonymous
Hey everyone!

As Oriel/FPAS applications have opened, I wanted to know if anyone knew how much hospital accommodation is at the Nottinghamshire hospitals & whether it includes utilities?

Cost of renting is a massive factor for me, therefore I would welcome any details or experiences with the Trent deanery anyone would like to share :smile:
I'm a final year at Notts. If you're in Nottingham you'll have to house share with 5 people in lenton, ave 89pwk + bills and then people commute to Derby (40 min drive with traffic from Lenton) or Mansfield (50-1hr drive). Mansfield has accommodation but you'll have to ask them because it's usually reserved for medical students on placement and Drs on call.
Boston - pilgrim hospital and Lincoln have Progress living. From what I remember a F1 said it's around £400pm for 4 flat share and double bed 5 min walk from the hospital building. Some people have a rented place in Nottingham and go back and forth on days off. I believe they can be reimbursed for cost of the rent because of that. Wish you all the best in Trent! It's a lovely place Everyone is so lovely.

Original post by Anonymous
Hey everyone!

hi do people that work in in trent west commute from nottingham. I am stuck in the middle as to which side to pick and deadline is today :frown:
east is great as it is a city but it has only 10 jobs that have the speciality i want compared to west which has 44. and it more than likely means a year in boston for trent east which i have been told to avoid.
i don't know much about trent west areas as i have never been there
what would you advise?
and do you have anymore tips that might be helpful
is trent west really that boring to live in that most commute?
because if i don't pass my driving test by then i will more than likely have to live closer to the hospital i end up in.
or is public transport an option like london?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending