The Student Room Group

I want to drop out of my A levels but I don't think I can...

I want to drop out of A levels and I feel it would be too stressful to start somewhere/something new at this point in the term. But I think that if I didn't stay in education then my mums benefits would be stopped (child benefits I think) and obviously we need to live but I'm so unhappy. I've been thinking about getting a job or an apprenticeship so I could give my mum the money but I have bad social anxiety so going to interviews seems virtually impossible to me (trust me I have tried before). I really don't know what to do.
Original post by Heabun16
I want to drop out of A levels and I feel it would be too stressful to start somewhere/something new at this point in the term. But I think that if I didn't stay in education then my mums benefits would be stopped (child benefits I think) and obviously we need to live but I'm so unhappy. I've been thinking about getting a job or an apprenticeship so I could give my mum the money but I have bad social anxiety so going to interviews seems virtually impossible to me (trust me I have tried before). I really don't know what to do.

Speak to a teacher you trust, SEN teacher or head of year.
You should also have seen your GP about your anxiety issues.
You dont say whether you have just started A levels or halfway through.

Talking to the above should help you identify what it is thats causing the issues.

If you wish to leave then you have to find something to do be it college or an apprenticship until you are 18.

Child benefit continues as long as you are in education or training so it would carry on if you went to college.

You cna also talk to a careers adviser to discuss your options
https://nationalcareersservice.direct.gov.uk/aboutus/contactus/Pages/Contactus.aspx
0800 100 900

or you can contact Childline for your problem and anxiety in general.
0800 1111
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest