The Student Room Group

may have chosen wrong course to do

hi, it's a few days before results day and im getting this really bad feeling that ive chosen the wrong course for uni. i chose to do maths cos i enjoy it a school and i wasn't really sure what else i wanted to do so it was kind of a "safe" option to choose maths but now im thinking that it may not be the right course for me as i heard uni maths is a lot different and i dont want to go into a finance job afterwards which i heard most graduates go into, OMG im so stupid, i should really have researched a lot more about the courses. Also during the past year ive kind of lost interest in Maths a little and im not as enthusiastic about it as i use to be. I was maybe thinking of changing course to something else but the problem is i dont know what other courses really interests me. I feel so dum typing this out and should have really sorted my future out ages ago, can anyone give me some advice, id greatly appreciate it, thanks :smile: sorry for rambling on and sorry if this is in the wrong forum.
Reply 1
Maybe take a gap year and rethink your life?
Reply 2
what other subjects do you enjoy
maybe you could do one of them
or go to uni, and see if you enjoy the cours...if yout you could always trnfer onto another one
Reply 3
This is vintage pre-results nerves. If Maths is what you are good at, you were right to choose it. Don't worry about "losing interest" - maths at uni is different but almost certainly more fun than A level.

Most careers requiring a graduate do not specify what the degree has to be in. I know of a physicist and a doctor who've become lawyers, historians who've become finance and human resources directors, and a biochemist who's gone into commissioning health services. I could go on. The point about degree level study is not the subject so much as the skills it teaches you.
Reply 4
DanielIvtsan
Maybe take a gap year and rethink your life?

that may be a very good idea :biggrin: but ive already accepted 2 offers :s-smilie: so will be hard to get of, if get in
Reply 5
kateyrib
what other subjects do you enjoy
maybe you could do one of them
or go to uni, and see if you enjoy the cours...if yout you could always trnfer onto another one

i did bio and chem for a-level also, so i was thinking maybe pharmacy or toxicology or something similar but will need to research into those courses a lot more. Wouldn't transferring unis mean i have to drop out and re-apply again?

Latest

Trending

Trending