The Student Room Group

Mechanical Engineering- PS help

Is any one by any chance studying Mechanical Engineering or has a very good understanding of mechanical engineering and is able to help me out with my personal statement.

Basically, I have 2 starting points for the intro of my personal statement but I'm not sure if I'm saying the right thing or stating the right thing.

Also any advice of what should be in my PS or what I should include.
Original post by gogetta
Is any one by any chance studying Mechanical Engineering or has a very good understanding of mechanical engineering and is able to help me out with my personal statement.

Basically, I have 2 starting points for the intro of my personal statement but I'm not sure if I'm saying the right thing or stating the right thing.

Write about why you want to study mechanical engineering. You don't need any specific buzzwords, or to write a literary masterpiece. You can relate your enjoyment of relevant subjects, your desire to apply science and technical knowledge to solve real world problems, or the fact you've always been interested in making or building things to your desire to go into engineering. It's okay to be cliched.

But remember, it's your grades that really do the talking. Don't worry too much about tailoring the perfect PS. As long as it is readable and explains the reasons you want to study mechanical engineering.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by gogetta

You can see examples of Engineering PSs here: (nb. there's no guarantee of the quality... but they might give you some inspiration).
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Category:colone:ngineering_Personal_Statements

Specifically http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Personal_Statement:Mechanical_Engineering_2

Don't share part or all of your PS with random people on the internet. However TSR does have a PS Review service (free :smile:.

Quick Reply

Latest