The Student Room Group

Unilever Video Interview?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by judges
Hi Guys,

I have got my interview on thursday. Could anyone shed any light what questions they got for the video interview?

Any help is good help!

ThanksQ

You wont find anyone on here willing to disclose the questions - it's an extremely competitive scheme and nobody wants to help you get in front of them such is life!

The interview is completely different to any other video interview you're likely to experience.

4 questions in total. Three of these are hypothetical questions (you should research how to approach and answer these type of questions). The fourth is a short case study in which you'll hear a scenariod and have 10 minutes to present on it (answering four or 5 sub questions about the case).

The hypothetical questions at the start are things like 'You are doing task x, and encounter problem y. What do you do? Why do you do that? What could you do to prevent this in the future?'

Unilever launched its fully digital recruitment process recently... And the 'feedback' from this interview is computer generated. Im still unsure if a person looks at it... With that in mind, my best advice would be to ensure you know the job/person spec and throw key words in to your answer!

Best of luck.
Does the video interview need to be carried out in one go or can you answer and submit one question and do the other questions at a later date?
Also is it still possible to do well if you're not completely familiar with your function of choice...I chose a function that I do not have any background knowledge on but it wasn't degree specific so I'm sure they won't expect you to know too much?
Original post by Student C
Does the video interview need to be carried out in one go or can you answer and submit one question and do the other questions at a later date?
Also is it still possible to do well if you're not completely familiar with your function of choice...I chose a function that I do not have any background knowledge on but it wasn't degree specific so I'm sure they won't expect you to know too much?

It has to be completed in the one sitting. As for not being familiar with the function - you’ll need to research it and demonstrate why you want that type of career... You can't expect to pass this interview without having a solid understanding of this.

Just because it isn't degree specific doesn't mean you don't need to research thoroughly lol. Good luck!
Original post by Tuks
Well your feedback is overall better than mine If i get the gist of what you are saying so not feeling too confident myself. Most of mine are positive at the start but offer a bit of advice, apart from one which seemed average throughout.

Saying that from interviews I've passed the criteria that seems to matter is the first sentence, the bit where it tells you have you matched that competency. From my experience as long as you are effective or "providing evidence" of that competency it should be enough to pass. Judging that I see no reason why you wouldn't have.

Hi Tuks,

I received my feedback for the digital interview over 4 weeks ago now and am still under review. My feedback seems similar to yours in that each section was positive but also offering advice, each 'competency' section started off with 'overall you provided good', was this similar to yours?

Jamie
Hi! I received my feedback about 7 weeks ago now and still nothing! I'm hoping that no news so far is good news since I know that people have been getting rejection e-mails already!

My feedback was positive too! I hope this helps and that we hear some good news soon! :biggrin:

P.S which program are you applying for? R&D for me! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Elemental_91
Hi! I received my feedback about 7 weeks ago now and still nothing! I'm hoping that no news so far is good news since I know that people have been getting rejection e-mails already!

My feedback was positive too! I hope this helps and that we hear some good news soon! :biggrin:

P.S which program are you applying for? R&D for me! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have applied for the HR future leaders programme! I suppose that's a good way of looking at things, have people definitely been receiving rejections then? It's difficult knowing which benchmarks are necessary to hit in order to make the AC isn't it!
Hi!

Yes, people have been rejecting even before the video interview! Some people received rejection e-mails a few minutes after their feedback e-mail too! It's all up in the air but I think they will let the siccessful people know at the same time so everybody has the same length of time to repare for the AC... It's so horrible having to wait! Haha hopefully we'll both get good news soon! :smile:

How was your interview? I wonder if it was different for each sector? My final question was a very tough scenario with lots of data to process! Haha

All the best,

Jibreel (Jibs)
Hi!

Yes, people have been rejecting even before the video interview! Some people received rejection e-mails a few minutes after their feedback e-mail too! It's all up in the air but I think they will let the siccessful people know at the same time so everybody has the same length of time to repare for the AC... It's so horrible having to wait! Haha hopefully we'll both get good news soon! :smile:

How was your interview? I wonder if it was different for each sector? My final question was a very tough scenario with lots of data to process! Haha

All the best,

Jibreel (Jibs)

That is promising news then, I actually go travelling in 6 weeks so hopefully things are in motion by then regardless of the outcome! that's plenty of time so hopefully we hear something by then!

My interview seemed to go well yeah, there was a lot of information to process so I presume you could approach the question in different ways, did your report offer areas of improvement? It seemed to suggest that an acceptable level was required on each area assessed!
I'm choosing to look at it as a positive sign haha! My feedback was all generally really positive with some areas to improve... the final scenario was incredibly tough but I approached it well according to the feedback.... just a very anxious waiting game now! :frown:

I have a trip at the end of March too so I'd like to have something before then! Travelling sounds exciting!! #jealous haha writing my thesis means I can really just about afford 1 week off unfortunately! Haha
I'm choosing to look at it as a positive sign haha! My feedback was all generally really positive with some areas to improve... the final scenario was incredibly tough but I approached it well according to the feedback.... just a very anxious waiting game now! :frown:

I have a trip at the end of March too so I'd like to have something before then! Travelling sounds exciting!! #jealous haha writing my thesis means I can really just about afford 1 week off unfortunately! Haha

Yeah definitely and if people have rejections they must be reviewing us, I did actually email the guys a week back and they said they were still in the process of reviewing my results, maybe it's worth dropping them an email for an update - you may get more info?
Hahaha I e-mailed a few days after my interview and rang them the other day.... they said they can't give any exact dates but we will be hearing as soon as possible! Haha good luck and hopefully meet you at the AC or even when we start working there! :biggrin:
Hahaha I e-mailed a few days after my interview and rang them the other day.... they said they can't give any exact dates but we will be hearing as soon as possible! Haha good luck and hopefully meet you at the AC or even when we start working there! :biggrin:

I don't suppose you've heard anything yet?? I really hope something happens before I go travelling in 4 weeks!
Reply 32
I'm applying for the HR programme too - how difficult would you say the scenarios are, could you give me a kind of example of what to expect? This is going to be my first video interview. I'd appreciate it so much!
Wishing you luck!
I would love to help you but unfortunately it is a highly competitive scheme and even though we're not applying for the same role.... you would then have an unfair advantage over others.

I would recommend taking your time, have a pen, paper and maybe a calculator to hand, oh yes... and some water!

The scenarios in general are to get you thinking about how you would deal with certain situations you may come across as an employee....

Good luck! :biggrin:
Reply 34
Thank you. Good luck to you too!

What is the timing like? How long do you get to answer each question?
Honestly I can't remember the exact timings.... i think it was 2 minutes to think and make notes and then 4 minutes to answer... for the first 3 questions then you get 10 mins to think for the final question with 5 minutes to answer.... don't worry, you get 3 attempts to answer and you get to watch your answer back before submitting!

Best of luck, use the time well!
Reply 36
I would love to help you but unfortunately it is a highly competitive scheme and even though we're not applying for the same role.... you would then have an unfair advantage over others.

I would recommend taking your time, have a pen, paper and maybe a calculator to hand, oh yes... and some water!

The scenarios in general are to get you thinking about how you would deal with certain situations you may come across as an employee....

Good luck! :biggrin:

Thanks for your help, it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. Have you heard anything back yet - apart from the automated feedback response?
Reply 37
I applied to the Supply Chain programme! Called in today and they said they are waiting to hear from the hiring managers from different divisions about how many places they have left and more discovery day dates. They said they would try to get back to everybody before Christmas and if not, early in the New Year :/
That's great to hear! Thank you for the update!!! Hope we hear some good news soon!!! 😆😆
Reply 39
Did you get any reply as yet? I gave my interview yesterday and got a detailed feedback too which looks quite positive. What is the next step?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending