Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My boyfriend doesn't want to be in a relationship with me but is still texting me?

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016

So my boyfriend of a few years broke up with me nearly a month a go. I never got a reason why. We were so perfect together, we never argued, always happy. We had even planned to move in together and there was talk of even kids one day.

We had attended my friends wedding the week before. I thought everything was perfect, clearly not. A week later he started acting strange, slowly ignoring my texts and phone calls, until eventually he invited me over and casually told me he doesn't want to be in a relationship anymore. Obviously i was devastated and a lot of tears later from both of us ... I didn't leave, we just layed there cuddling each other? As if he didn't want me to go. Gradually over the month he has stopped texting me as much, so I slowly start getting the hint. However, when I think I've finally managed to think clearly, I get a text out of the blue saying I look beautiful in my recent insta picture, or that he misses me and that he can't sleep. He even took me out for dinner last weekend and cried in the my car about how he doesn't deserve me. I obviously told him it doesn't have to be like this, but he insists it does. We kissed and he left.

I'm so confused right now, I just want him back the ways things were but he doesn't think it's that simple. I feel like a fool but I haven't been given an exact reason. It's nothing to do with me apparently, there isn't anyone else, he just wants time.

Oh and did I mention, he's also My hairdresser...

Has anyone else been through this before? If so please I need some advice. I physically can't eat, I can't sleep, I can't think of anything else.

People are strange and hard to understand. Sounds like he wants to have his cake and eat it too. As someone who had a semi similar situation; block him on everything. If he can't offer you what you want from him then further contact will likely just hurt you.
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 6, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Do you like sleeping in a cold room?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.