The Student Room Group

Using toner for brown hair?

About a month ago or so I bleached my hair blonde and I hated it so I dyed over it with a semi-permanent.

The colour faded, which was good as it was too dark. I don't mind the shade of Brown it is now but it's really brassy. It looks really yellow in bright light even though it is still brown.

I know I should dye over it permanently with a light brown but I'm worried it'll go too dark and my hair is pretty damaged at the moment.

Would using a purple toner work on the yellow tones within the brown?If anyone has any experience going back brown please let me know :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by corax
About a month ago or so I bleached my hair blonde and I hated it so I dyed over it with a semi-permanent.

The colour faded, which was good as it was too dark. I don't mind the shade of Brown it is now but it's really brassy. It looks really yellow in bright light even though it is still brown.

I know I should dye over it permanently with a light brown but I'm worried it'll go too dark and my hair is pretty damaged at the moment.

Would using a purple toner work on the yellow tones within the brown?If anyone has any experience going back brown please let me know :smile:

Purple toner on really ever worked for me when my hair was just bleached,not when I went back to brown, I gradually used darker dye than going straight back to dark brown.
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
Purple toner on really ever worked for me when my hair was just bleached,not when I went back to brown, I gradually used darker dye than going straight back to dark brown.

Thanks, I thought toner might work because there are strong yellow pigments going through.
I guess I'll have to try out a few different things.

Quick Reply

Latest