The Student Room Group

Numeracy for Nursing

What topics can I expect to come up in numeracy tests? I am only applying to three Universities that are relatively close to me and I was only able to find one sample paper for one of my Uni's.
If anyone has been to any of KCL's, Surrey's or Greenwich Universities Selection Days, please elaborate and HELP.
Original post by Nursey_nurse
What topics can I expect to come up in numeracy tests? I am only applying to three Universities that are relatively close to me and I was only able to find one sample paper for one of my Uni's.
If anyone has been to any of KCL's, Surrey's or Greenwich Universities Selection Days, please elaborate and HELP.

Moved to the Nursing and Midwifery area :smile:

Please remember that the discussion of specific interview questions and test details is not allowed on TSR as it gives candidates an unfair advantage and affects the integrity of admissions procedures. *

Generally you will be tested on your multiplication, addition, subtraction and division. You are also likely to be tested on fractions, ratios, decimals and percentages. Conversion between different units of measurement may also be included. The tests are usually not very long and not very difficult, certainly not above GCSE level, and probably a lot easier. *
The maths and English tests when applying are certainly easier than gcse's. They're there to see how you can perform.
A lot of people worry and dislike them but ultimately if you want to be a Nurse, your math and English have to be to a competent safe level as the difference in a decimal point place has killed people before and bad English and note taking has also resulted in miscommunication and things being missed and care being sub standard.
Don't worry about them, as the above poster said, the tests will cover a variant of things but are easy enough to complete!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
My mind is put at rest, thank you x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending