The Student Room Group

Pharmacy foundation year helppp asap

Hi guys, in my AS I got a BDE and my teachers have predicted me a BCD so am I likely to get into pharmacy with a foundation year like with what the universities want; most universities ask for BCC or BBC or CCC or just CCD so am i likely to get in or no....
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

Just quoting in Alisaurus Cats so she can move the thread if needed :wizard:

Spoiler

Original post by a487
Hi guys, in my AS I got a BDE and my teachers have predicted me a BCD so am I likely to get into pharmacy with a foundation year like with what the universities want; most universities ask for BCC or BBC or CCC or just CCD so am i likely to get in or no....

Hi mate, yhh you are likely to get in. I got into my foundation course with 3C's, even though they asked for 3Bs (lol). Seemed to me they just wanted improvement from the first year.
Reply 3
Ohhh right right and also is it ok that I'm applying for pharmacy and pharmacology? Plus how was your experience of first year

Posted from TSR Mobile
Erm... Pharmacy and Pharmacology differ quite a bit in course structure, during the 4 year course.

And yhh first year (foundation year = year 0) is pretty chill. You basically learn a summarised version of all the necessary A-Level Bio and Chem (AS+A2 stuff). I would say however, if you're applying to start the foundation year next year - it's best to work your ass off to avoid having to do the year; especially if you've learnt most of the content already :smile:
Reply 5
Reply 6
Also what uni's did you apply to???

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by a487

Im applying for Pharmacy in Cardiff, I got BCCDA* at AS, and have been predicted BBBA*. Cardiff require ABB/AAB.

So Im not sure either, whether or not Im likely to get in.
Reply 8
It's so much stress this year for us like 😭😭😭😭

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
What universities did you apply to?
Reply 10
Aston,keele,Liverpool,university of east Angelia and London met

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest