The Student Room Group

Q. About a levels fm

So i'm sorry if this is too long but it is really getting me worried. So I'm doing four a levels which are maths, politics, economics and sociology and i am going to start self teaching myself further maths as i really really like maths. So when do i go to the head of maths to register to the exam? is there a deadline? should i tell her in January so i am sure if i'm going to do it or not?
Original post by Sayf E Ghenaiet
So i'm sorry if this is too long but it is really getting me worried. So I'm doing four a levels which are maths, politics, economics and sociology and i am going to start self teaching myself further maths as i really really like maths. So when do i go to the head of maths to register to the exam? is there a deadline? should i tell her in January so i am sure if i'm going to do it or not?

You should start the discussion soon. You may find your school does not support you doing it and won't enter you for the exams. In which case if you want to go through with it you will need to find a centre willing to accept you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Why are you self teaching?
tell your school asap and mention about the further maths network
www.furthermaths.org.uk
they provide support if you don't have anyone who can teach you it :smile:
rather than doing it all entirely on your own.
Well im getting help from a couple of friends who do FM but a tutor might be too much money :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

the school should pay for it!
if your school doesn't offer FM then they should get help from the network.
No no they do offer it but economics clashes with it

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think they can still help if there are timetabling issues.
Its worth a mention to your school anyway.
Does mid November sound too late? By then i could see if it's difficult or not and if I'm really up for it

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mid November sounds ok. It gives you time to see if you are being realistic in your objective and to find another centre if your school won't help. Make sure you don't take on too much.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
I was in almost the exact same situation but make sure they have some sort of evidence that you can succeed otherwise they will think you are spreading yourself too thin.

Quick Reply

Latest