The Student Room Group

UKCAT score. Should I even apply to Dental courses?

So I took the UKCAT and I performed terribly.

Verbal R: 500
Quantitative R: 720
Abstract R: 560
Situational Judgement: Band 3

I honestly never thought of applying to uni's in the UK, it was very sudden. I basically found out about the exam a few days before the registration deadline. I had less than a week to prepare, and I literally didn't know anything. I know that I might sound like a careless person because I'm supposed to do research very early, but I'm also at an American high school so no one here really knows about these British admission tests.

Now I'm thinking of taking the BMAT, I also haven't got a lot of time to prepare but I'll do my best. What should I do?? I'm lost and I need to finish my UCAS applications asap!
How good are your other academics? Not everywhere looks at the UKCAT. so dont worry too much about that. Have you done dental work experience?
Reply 2
Original post by redhelen
How good are your other academics? Not everywhere looks at the UKCAT. so dont worry too much about that. Have you done dental work experience?

My GPA is above average, I'm taking AP's at the moment, and I also have pretty good SAT scores (regular and subject). As for dental work, I can't find any place which offers that (I'm at an American high school in the middle east). I do have a lot of extracurriculars though.
I think everywhere requires some dental work experience so I cant see you getting anywhere this academic year tbh.
Even though everywhere requires work experiance some schools understand that applicants might not be able to secure this due to its competative nature, there is a table on http://www.applyingfordentalschool.co.uk/university-requirements-.html that breaks this down and is definetly worth looking at

Quick Reply

Latest