The Student Room Group
Reply 1
B?

It's a bit ambiguous, A and C explain why they would hunt polar animals, B explains the source of the fat, all of which can be used to answer a "because" question. Then again, your body can convert excess carbs into body fat for storage and insulation. Argh. I don't know, but I think B, because A and C are both one of a kind, D is wrong, so by process of elimination...

EDIT. Hmm, just read on another forum that it's actually C.

How does the question enable you to make that decision though? We all know that fats contain more energy than carbs, but are eskimos making a conscious decision to eat fats instead of carbs? Are there even carbs available in the arctic regions?

I feel very stupid now.
Reply 2
Is that really a question from an HKCEE paper? Its a bit ambiguous just like the poster above said. I would of said C but that is only because i would think that would be an answer wanted from a biology paper but the question i find wasn't worded very well and so therefore there was a few possibilities.
Reply 3
The answer is B
Reply 4
How do you know?
Reply 5
Due to the extreme climate of the Arctic regions, crop growing in this area is impossible. Hence, the main source of food of Eskimos is polar animals. These animals usually contain plenty of fat, so Eskimos' diet is rich in fat.

A and C are incorrect as they are the significances of the phenomenon rather than the cause of it, so the answer is B.

(By HKCEE past papers solution)
Reply 6
I'm correct. Yay.

Latest

Trending

Trending